American General

Not sure what I am being accused of lying about. Since I let my Special Rep contract go, I don't try to keep up with them. But I still have friends that are with therm on the captive side and they will mention what is happening with the company.

What we were talking about is captive AIG ( formally AGLA) agents being able to place business with non AIG companies not Independents being able to write AG through an IMO. That is a failry new development. They re also pushing the captive people to get their securities license. They are using SagePoint for their B/D.

Since they have merged the life companies under the AIG Life and Retirement umbrella, it is difficult to know who is who when people talk about AIG or AG.

You say you write the same products that were offered through AGLA. Do you have the Quality of Life suite of products?

No accusation being leveled... I was just pointing out that American General also includes an independent channel offering the same product.

Quality of Life is just the same Life products offered by American General Life ins Co which emphasizes the Living Benefit Riders using the same AGL products..... Same paper just different Spin.

No accusation being leveled... I was just pointing out that American General also includes an independent channel offering the same product.

Quality of Life is just the same Life products offered by American General Life ins Co which emphasizes the Living Benefit Riders using the same AGL products..... Same paper just different Spin.

I know what the QOL is (I retired from AGLA 5 years ago) but do have the QOL products avaiable through your independent channel?

Not the specific QOL Product Brand.... But the same UL/IUL/GUL product with the same Living Benefit Riders.

Its like comparing Midland National to North American.... 99.9% Same product/different name....

OK.. I think we are on the same page now.. you do have the no cost critical and chronic care riders? They give an agent a lot to talk about but they can be a disaster waiting to happen for the agent. Since there is not a stated benefit and the amount due under the rider is decided by an underwriter at the time of claim based on mortality, you can get some very low ball offers. One of the covered events is loss of eyesight.... There was a case several years ago where a person suffered loss of eyesight and he was offered something like $200 to surrender $50K of his coverage.. The reason it was so little was the claim that his loss of eyesight had very little effect on his expected longevity.

Appreciate everyones information..took the "test" lol and deciding whether to pursue further. He did discuss the Rider and how "they were the only insurance company with that product..being no extra cost and automatically built into premium. Also, he appeared to be a manager to take a real interest in their agent. Told him I had worn down by warm market and was concerned. He told me when he moved to this area he did not know anyone but still succeeded. Of course, your training and manager can make all the difference. Happy Thanks giving a little early all have a great one...any and all comments needed as I have to make a move very soon.

Appreciate everyones information..took the "test" lol and deciding whether to pursue further. He did discuss the Rider and how "they were the only insurance company with that product..being no extra cost and automatically built into premium. Also, he appeared to be a manager to take a real interest in their agent. Told him I had worn down by warm market and was concerned. He told me when he moved to this area he did not know anyone but still succeeded. Of course, your training and manager can make all the difference. Happy Thanks giving a little early all have a great one...any and all comments needed as I have to make a move very soon.

Many carriers have similar no cost riders.

OK.. I think we are on the same page now.. you do have the no cost critical and chronic care riders? They give an agent a lot to talk about but they can be a disaster waiting to happen for the agent. Since there is not a stated benefit and the amount due under the rider is decided by an underwriter at the time of claim based on mortality, you can get some very low ball offers. One of the covered events is loss of eyesight.... There was a case several years ago where a person suffered loss of eyesight and he was offered something like $200 to surrender $50K of his coverage.. The reason it was so little was the claim that his loss of eyesight had very little effect on his expected longevity.

That is why when I was with AGLA I pushed the defined benefit rider. 15% of the face amount regardless of the severity as long as it happened.

Defined Benefit Rider..now memorized..thanks one fast pony!!

nursing has to go ugg..4yrs ago keep patient from falling and receive 2herniated disc and pinched nerve..not even going there about work comp...sad but would had been better for all if I had let them fall and break another hip. Went into nursing to help people and save lives..did and physically almost broke me..

So, have to make a "best informed choice" as I am no spring chicken..continue to have a great work ethic though and converse with people well..(they usually love me)..as I go the extra mile. Thanks to all its just this is my last career move and it has to be the correct one...Hope all have a Merry Christmas..talking to the manager next Monday.

You all have helped so much..any more comments GREATLY appreciated!!:yes:

Back