American Income Life

American Income Agent here.

I don't know what kind of experiences others have had so I'll speak for myself.
At my office I was trained very well, any questions I had were answered with no hesitation. The guy who trained me wasnt just out to earn commission on top of me.
Great place if your a rookie, they'll give you a good backbone to sales.

American Income Agent here.

I don't know what kind of experiences others have had so I'll speak for myself.
At my office I was trained very well, any questions I had were answered with no hesitation. The guy who trained me wasnt just out to earn commission on top of me.
Great place if your a rookie, they'll give you a good backbone to sales.

I can definitely appreciate that. As far as i'm concerned, the best training a new agent can get, is when he has the ability to go to an office and learn from a seasoned professional that actually enjoys teaching.

The 2 things I tell new agents is that

1. As a new agent, there will always be a give and take when someone else is investing their time into you and has something to lose
2. If your manager isn't willing to give you a raise when it's time for a raise, you can always leave

Josh, on the forum, enjoyed his first few months with AIL. I believe he said he earned $7,000 his first month... and then it went downhill from there?

His experience, unfortunately, isn't the norm.

But do a forum search and you can come to your own conclusions.

Even at that, within a few months they stopped giving me leads like they said they would and it became impossible to do what I had been doing. Overall it was a good run and I'm glad I did it, but it's certainly not a longterm gig and there are better options out there.

I also know a bunch of guys that did well there for longer than I did, but I think the max any of them stayed was something around 3 years and when they left it was ugly.

It also can vary a lot by office, but for the fact they stopped giving me leads, I was at a good office, there are plenty that are a complete waste of time.

Even at that, within a few months they stopped giving me leads like they said they would and it became impossible to do what I had been doing. Overall it was a good run and I'm glad I did it, but it's certainly not a longterm gig and there are better options out there.

I also know a bunch of guys that did well there for longer than I did, but I think the max any of them stayed was something around 3 years and when they left it was ugly.

It also can vary a lot by office, but for the fact they stopped giving me leads, I was at a good office, there are plenty that are a complete waste of time.

I was in Colorado Springs, where were you?

Back