American Income Life

jsaltnes

CA
I have a friend, yes really, who is considering a position with AIL as a rookie agent. I'm discussing another opportunity but wanted to know if anyone has any current experience with these guys.
I haven't heard any good things but wanted to tap the collective wisdom.
Thanks, in advance.

Low commission, strict underwriting. Unless your "friend" doesn't like money. If not, AIL would be a great place to work.

Josh, on the forum, enjoyed his first few months with AIL. I believe he said he earned $7,000 his first month... and then it went downhill from there?

His experience, unfortunately, isn't the norm.

But do a forum search and you can come to your own conclusions.

I have a friend, yes really, who is considering a position with AIL as a rookie agent. I'm discussing another opportunity but wanted to know if anyone has any current experience with these guys.
Thanks, in advance.

Do not loan him any money. He will not be able to pay it back.

Thanks, in advance.

And you probably won't hear anything good about them. :no:

Tell your "friend" to look elsewhere.:yes:

My experience is similar to big money early to ending badly. They do give free leads, some good, most old. Depending on the office, there may be some good training, I use a couple of their phrases still. The deal is, in the first 3 months, your boss gets up to 20% bonus on all your sales (advance is on submit, not approvals. There are many chargebacks before you really learn how to field underwrite.), then the bonus for him ends. So do the quality of leads. Decent money to start,if you don't know how to run appointments, it's a decent place to learn. But in the end, not good.

Thanks folks! Pretty much as expected. And it really is for a newbie frined. I've been licensed for 10 years returning after a four year absence.
Cheers!

He had better have a good car because he will do a lot of driving. He will work 50-60 hours per week.

I started with them in January and left in March.

The training was good, the leads were good at first and went to hell within a few months (they give new agents the best leads, then you're expected to run a nearly pure referral business).

Commission starts at 40%. Ridiculous amounts of driving.

If he's not bad at it, then it's good to get the discounted licensing they offer, learn a bit about the industry, then leave for pastures with higher commission.

Eventually, he'll want to run like Hell though.

Back