Any Info on Unique Marketing?

nonie

Expert
A newer insurance agent here in Texas just told me about Texas based Unique Underwriting, a non-captive IMO, that only sells mortgage protection insurance.

Based on what she's telling me, this sounds like NAA, so I'm very skeptical. Does anyone know anything about this company? Please provide any information you may have.

Thank you, that is exactly what I thought it was NAA or Equita. I'm not interested, they're one in the same as far as I'm concerned.

Have you had any dealings with the TX outfit? I want to pass the information on to the new agent.

Unique Underwriting is a subsidiary of Equita. So they are still under the umbrella of Equita Mortgage.

Same leads whether you are with equita or UU. Leads cost more with UU or you can deposit $500 and and they will cost the same as before.

Nothing bad to say about either.

Wow. Don't waste your time with this company. They will only work with the managers, not any agents under them. So if you have a problem, you might as well quit. On their job listings, they say they select the managers, which is not true. They hire you, and expect you to hire others, even when you may not be doing the best production. I was hired for a large call center, and I had some great days. One week I had 2 days of no production, so they cut me off...but they acted like they had work for me...just be patient. After almost 5 months of them lying to me, and trying to keep me on to look like they had alot of agents, I decided to quit. Btw, they will resell their leads after 3 weeks, and the leads there are ridiculous. My first batch I bought: 20 leads, with 9 of them disconnected. When I asked for credit for these leads, they gave me some stupid crap. Don't waste your time with this company. They will tell you how much the agents are making, but forget to mention that these agents have like 50 agents working for them...and the numbers they are promoting are really because of the way the group numbers are reported. (seems like one group sometimes overlaps with another causing numbers to look doubly good) Oh, and don't get me started on the politics of this place. I was told to lie to everyone for the first 3 months as to what territory I was working. I have been told this happens alot, since they tell you your territory is yours, but if they think they can make more, they will hire someone, and not even tell you. Then, when you have driven 2.5 hours for that appointment, and they reschedule, they will give that reschedule to someone else...who hasn't spent the time or money. They are full of promises but only care about making money from selling their leads and KEEPING ALL renewals. Yeah, I know. It doesn't make much sense to me either.

A Tragic Comedy

Be prepared for the "revolving door" when you attend their "opportunity" meetings. Look around on the first day you attend, then look around a couple of months later - all new faces. Tremendous turnover - primarily because they teach if a person can breathe, they can sell insurance.

Be prepared to hear large numbers quoted for income. You will learn the hard way that those numbers are the applications they wrote. Many will not be accepted by the insurance company. Others will be cancelled by the client when they get their first bill.

You will also not be told about the tremendous cost of leads and travel expenses.

The few agents you hear who say they are making "big bucks" are probably not being honest.

Re: A Tragic Comedy

Nah, some of those managers are making a ton, but it isn't from applications, it is from recruiting. They recruit like Liberty National (Torchmark...the worst of the worst in terms of "cattle calls") When they do the calls, watch for the amount of apps they say they wrote, and then think of how many agents they have. Then, after they've counted those apps, their agents get on and include them as well.

Most of the main office is new, coming over from EMG. They did the same thing there: try to screw you by making you buy crappy expensive leads (which they then sell to someone else a week later...even if that lead has been disconnected) and then screw you out of any renewal. They don't care about you at all...

I find it sadly interesting that this same group in the past 3 years has:
1. Represented NAA as the best thing out there - then one year later
2. Moved to Equita and then said it was the best thing out there - then one year later
3. Moved to Unique Underwriters and are now saying this is the best thing out there.

Either their agents are totally brain dead or totally brainwashed by the leaders.

Where are all of the people they showed off over the past two years who were making the big bucks. Look around, they will not be there. Most are out selling vitamins, travel, discount electricity or some other multi-level because their agents quit them and the chargebacks from all of those agents caused them to basically go bankrupt.

Last edited:
Back