Any life carrier underwrite prostate cancer?

HealthGuy

Guru
1000 Post Club
Any life carriers lenient on prostate cancer? What if the client still has the prostate cancer - with no other cancers, but they are just waiting to have the prostate removed? Would any carriers, med or non med - potentially underwrite a client like this - about age 60...Also, about 40 years ago - this same client had testicular cancer with NO reoccurrences after one testicle was removed. Would that make a difference today when underwriting the recent prostate cancer?

Many carriers underwriter prostate cancer; depends on the stage and grade of the cancer.

Clients that are in the "watchful waiting" scenario of their prostate cancer can be underwritten with only one carrrier that i know of if they meet certain criteria.

As for the testicular cancer; I can't speak for an underwriter but the fact that it was over 40 years ago with no recurrences bodes well in my opinion. Again I'm not an underwiter.

I am an underwriter and 2 cancers in the genital tract would concern me.
That said, try JH for coverage. They are the most liberal with this form of cancer.

You can obtain fully underwritten term life insurance for men with prostate cancer from LifeAgain, they have program for a product issued by Symetra.

They can now actually sell life insurance before treatment if the cancer has not spread beyond the prostate.

Latest posts

Back