Anyone Familiar W/Symmetry Financial Group?

Yeah, but it seems to be coming back pretty well now. We have an agency under us that does a ton of it over the past year (maybe two years now).

Agreed 100%. The MP area is exploding right now, with the right IMO. If anyone is debating with whether or not to join an IMO/FMO or just go it alone, it doesn't matter to me. I just want us all to be successful in whatever venture we go forward with.
Feel free to contact me about my personal experience with switching from 1 to another. Am I excited about changing to my new IMO, yes. But whether or not Equis financial, Symmetry Financial Group, Family First Life, NAA, or whatever direction you decide to go, that is up to you. But feel free to contact me if ya want.

Bubba aka David :biggrin:

I've been with Symmetry for a couple months now. I started at a FE company but as a new agent did not do very well due to lack of training. Symmetry's focus on training and development and the availability of your upline makes it a great option for new agents. The "Rah-Rah" is also good for staying motivated, something which is often difficult for new agents and keeps them in the business.

I attended the national conference in January and I have to say I was impressed by the number of people who were solid producers. Out of 1,500 attendees, over 70 were Agency Owners (50K AP/Month + 7 writers) with many more soon to be. Over half of the attendees were probably new, so this looks like good odds to me.

This will be my second week of over 4k in AP. I still work full time at another job so I am limited with what I can give to SFG. I can say that I've listened to the audios obsessively and went to every training event and I've done what I've been told. I have 4 agents in the process of getting their license so this will help raise my commission levels.

Simplified issue obviously pays the fastest, so that is what we want to write the most of. It's also often best for the client. There are times, however, when full underwriting is necessary, so this lengthens the pipeline a bit but once it starts coming out the other end I should be ready to quit my job and go full time with Symmetry.

I know there are a lot of criticisms of this model. But I personally know quite a few "bottom tier" agents who are doing pretty good for themselves. If you want to build your own agency, you can do far better. If you just want to produce and not build, SFG may not be the place for you. The low starting contract pays off in the long run when you are collecting overrides.

----------

Also, some of the math elucidated previously is off. Let me correct. Let me also say that the only thing that keeps people from earning 6 figures a year with Symmetry is their own lack of desire or effort. Not everyone wants to make 6 figures. That's ok. But for anyone who does, here is the blueprint.

$325/week in leads (10 new A leads and 8 $5 leads with 50 Fifty cent leads) will yield 15 appointments if you make the required number of dials.

15 appointments will yield 10 sits. A beginning agent should be closing at least half of his sits, so we'll say 5 apps. Average AP is about $1,000. Assuming a 90% issue rate (should be easy if you're calling for risk assessments) you have $4500 in AP weekly. Assuming a persistency of 90%, we can round down to $4,000 in weekly issue/paid AP.

$4,000 per week in AP at an entry level 60% is $2,400. With a 75% advance it's $1,800. Minus the $325 you spent on leads, you have a weekly income of $1,475 X 50 weeks is $73,750 advanced. The remaining $30,000 that wasn't advanced will be paid in months 10, 11 and 12 which will bring you to an annual income of $103,750.

However, if you're doing $5,000 in written AP per week, you will easily hit the $25,000/month a couple times which will bring you up to an 80% contract level.

$4,000 (issue paid) X 80% contract is $3,200 X 75% advance is $2,400 weekly - $325 in lead costs = $2,075 weekly income. X 50 weeks is $103,750. The remaining 25% of the $3,200 is paid in months 10-12 which is an additional $40,000 for a total annual income of $143,750.

Could the same number of sales earn more money with a different company at a higher contract? Yes, but only if you had a source of good leads for a good price that will let you set 15 appointments a week. The numbers get even better once you have hired a few agents who contribute to your monthly APV, thus pushing your contract level higher and you start earning overrides as passive income.

Hope this is clear and you have found it helpful.

Steve, your numbers make sense to me. I have since left SFG, but agreed. This is just a numbers game. Until we figure this out in this business, new agents will struggle. Like I did. How is your business? Are you doing well?

Thanks!

Problem with MP is there's a very small amount of cream of the crop leads & most Regional Managers keep them all for themselves & give all the 70-80 year olds to the new agents. Not saying this about any IMO specifically, but I've seen it happen many times.

Good luck trying to sell 80 year olds 10k FE policies to cover their $200,000 mortgages. Been there, done that!!

Last edited:
I responded to a Craigslist job posting and was contacted by Lynn Watkins from Symmetry Financial Group. I did a search and found this thread. Does anybody have any updated info on them? If they sued NAA then they must have not liked the way they operated and so I would assume the would not conduct their business the same way.
I've been at SFG for about two years.

I'll preface this by saying that just like any company, it won't be a fit for everyone. You have to be the type of person who has internal drive, can listen and wants to grow. Lynn Watkins is a fantastic guy, and if you have the opportunity to work with him you should. He's not my upline, but he's always been willing to take the time to talk with me and coach me if I ask.

I have noticed on this board that most of the negative comments come from people who haven't spent any time working here. I wonder why that is?

I left an insurance company where I had a 100% contract to come to SFG, and I still made more in my first 3 months than I had in the entire previous year. The leads are quality and affordable, the numbers they recommend work, and the training is miles above any sales training I've gotten in either insurance or real estate. I made about 90k in my first full year, not everyone does that, but many do more. I don't know who posted an ad saying the "average" agent writes 6-10 apps a month because I've never seen the company claim that. I averaged 4.5 apps over the 52 weeks in 2016.

As far as recruiting goes, some people decide to start recruiting right away, some wait years, some never do. It's entirely up to that individual.

But most importantly, this is the best company culture I've ever experienced. Even Entrepreneur Magazine rated us as one of the best company cultures in the country. I never thought I would get into insurance, but I'm going to stay with this company forever if they'll have me.

I'll preface this by saying that just like any company, it won't be a fit for everyone. You have to be the type of person who has internal drive, can listen and wants to grow. Lynn Watkins is a fantastic guy, and if you have the opportunity to work with him you should. He's not my upline, but he's always been willing to take the time to talk with me and coach me if I ask.

I have noticed on this board that most of the negative comments come from people who haven't spent any time working here. I wonder why that is?

I left an insurance company where I had a 100% contract to come to SFG, and I still made more in my first 3 months than I had in the entire previous year. The leads are quality and affordable, the numbers they recommend work, and the training is miles above any sales training I've gotten in either insurance or real estate. I made about 90k in my first full year, not everyone does that, but many do more. I don't know who posted an ad saying the "average" agent writes 6-10 apps a month because I've never seen the company claim that. I averaged 4.5 apps over the 52 weeks in 2016.

As far as recruiting goes, some people decide to start recruiting right away, some wait years, some never do. It's entirely up to that individual.

But most importantly, this is the best company culture I've ever experienced. Even Entrepreneur Magazine rated us as one of the best company cultures in the country. I never thought I would get into insurance, but I'm going to stay with this company forever if they'll have me.

I too was at Symmetry and was very successful, unfortunately, I couldn't lay my head down at night knowing I was trying to convince an agent (aka, get them to drink the kool-aid) to come in on a 60% contract and actually be able to make it. I did very well, but it is because of my past experiences and closing ability. Many new agents don't come into insurance possessing those skills.

When I hire a new agent, I put them through a process and personally mentor each of them. I also mentor and help agents who aren't even my agents.

As far as doing MP and making a living, I can tell you that I did very well selling it, but selling Final Expense far exceeds what I was doing at Symmetry. They do have a good culture, but leads will always be an issue, the fact their leads are NOT exclusive, they push bonus leads on you (you will NEVER make it full-time running nothing but old, aged and touched leads) and the horrible starting contracts, you can definitely do better.

Do your research, this forum is a phenomenal resource. Don't be afraid to talk to several people to get an idea of what niche you want to focus on, just remember that leads will always be a limiting factor. With MP leads, there are only so many home purchases, refinances and equity line of credits transactions in any given state. In FE, there are thousands of people becoming seniors each and every day.

Hello this is Evelyn, I started working for a similar company like this one last August, where the agents needs to have that Internal Motivation that you are talking about because we do Multi Level System other than Selling our Living Life Products.
I am very happy with this because also we are not Captive, we can offer our products all over the USA, and most important our product LIVING LIFE BENEFITS is completely new in the market, about 10 Insurance Companies are the only ones offering at this time, from almost the 1000 Insurance Companies here in USA. So we are in our momentum!
My company is Premiere Financial Alliance PFA that we generates more than 50% deals for National Life Group the oldest and biggest Insurance Company here in USA.
Because we do Multi Level at the same time, we have a unique Certification Field Training that we have to complete to duplicate and get the excellent rewards from our company.
If need additional info. write me ok?

I too was at Symmetry and was very successful, unfortunately, I couldn't lay my head down at night knowing I was trying to convince an agent (aka, get them to drink the kool-aid) to come in on a 60% contract and actually be able to make it. I did very well, but it is because of my past experiences and closing ability. Many new agents don't come into insurance possessing those skills.

I understand where you are coming from but in my first 6 months here I wrote over $100,000 on those bonus leads and worked my way up to a 75% contract by month 8. Was it hard? Yes, and I'm grateful for it. We know that no matter what company you are with this business takes a thick skin, but you can't have a thick skin if you don't get a little bloody a develop some callous.

Now, after 2 years I write in between $18,000 - $23,000 a month and my team is run rating in between $70,000 and $90,000 and I have an average 15% spread on that.

You will have to sacrifice somewhere, no business can be both easy and worth it. I would MUCH rather it be hard for a short time in the beginning than mediocre for decades.

Back