Anyone Familiar W/Symmetry Financial Group?

Leads are the life blood of this industry. We are helping clients daily by protecting them. And, You are on the money in your knowledge! But you missed the profit sharing that happens at the 110% level as well. :yes: Other than that, you nailed it. So are you working as an agent with SFG yet?

I think approximately (or less than) six individuals are currently at a profit-sharing level in SFG. Doesn't a builder have to be at least an EVP (Executive Vice President) in order to qualify?

No, I am not (nor have I ever been) an agent with them, because I have no interest in their business model, which is copied from N.A.A., where both Casey and Brandon came from.

imho, starting a new agent at only 60% commission (when street level is far greater than that), selling him old leads that have previously been worked countless times AND convincing him to recruit (almost immediately), so he becomes financially liable if/when that recruit fails out of the business, is only a win-win business model for those toward the top of the pyramid.

ETA: Have you seen your recruiter's (or any of his/her upline's) 1099s for 2016 (while with SFG)? I ask because just like N.A.A., SFG recognizes submitted APV on their leaderboards, not issued/paid and there can be a HUGE difference between the two.

Last edited:
ETA: Have you seen your recruiter's (or any of his/her upline's) 1099s for 2016 (while with SFG)? I ask because just like N.A.A., SFG recognizes submitted APV on their leaderboards, not issued/paid and there can be a HUGE difference between the two.

Actually, that is a GREAT IDEA for me to share with others new *like me for now* along the way. I never even thought to ask others to see their 1099 forms for 2016 at the conferences and meetings, as I doubt anyone carries that with them...but I never knew, because I didn't ask! :D

As to other parts of your post, some are correct, some are incorrect. But that's okay with me. I'll post soon on my activities and successes. Thank you for the encouragement actually. The more negativity and naysayers that are out there, the better I become. I am learning to Go For No...amazing book to read BTW.

Talk soon,
bubba ;)

Actually, that is a GREAT IDEA for me to share with others new *like me for now* along the way. I never even thought to ask others to see their 1099 forms for 2016 at the conferences and meetings, as I doubt anyone carries that with them...but I never knew, because I didn't ask! :D
...CUT...

Spoken like a newbie, lol. An agent can access his income details on the carrier websites and some, such as American Amicable maintain two years of 1099's online. Absolutely no reason to carry them with you.

Best of luck to you, bubba.

Newbie? Yes. I am. I admit it no problem. There is so much to learn, ie...I didn't know you could access that 1099 via the carrier websites. Thank you!

But I still might carry a few in my coat jacket, should the question arise. :)

Thank you again!

I'll share my success and failures with you. Okay, maybe not all of them, but I only strive to get better helping others. I'll keep ya posted how everything goes.

Spoken like a newbie, lol. An agent can access his income details on the carrier websites and some, such as American Amicable maintain two years of 1099's online. Absolutely no reason to carry them with you.

Best of luck to you, bubba.

Newbie? Yes. I am. I admit it no problem. There is so much to learn, ie...I didn't know you could access that 1099 via the carrier websites. Thank you!

But I still might carry a few in my coat jacket, should the question arise. :)

Thank you again!

I'll share my success and failures with you. Okay, maybe not all of them, but I only strive to get better helping others. I'll keep ya posted how everything goes.
Symmetry has an amazing culture. No doubt about it. But after 6 months to a year you have to ask yourself, "Are they earning a 20%-40% cut of my business?".

There's a reason people like Casey start companies like Symmetry. Because they were tired of giving NAA a large cut of their business!

For your own sake... don't forget that.

Symmetry has an amazing culture. No doubt about it. But after 6 months to a year you have to ask yourself, "Are they earning a 20%-40% cut of my business?".

There's a reason people like Casey start companies like Symmetry. Because they were tired of giving NAA a large cut of their business!

For your own sake... don't forget that.

Symmetry makes at least 40%. My bet is on their core carriers, such as Am-Am, they make at least 60%, because their top commission is 115% and few are at that level.

An amazing culture? I respectfully disagree. They teach agents to be unethical. As an example, they train agents that if their client has an existing policy ALWAYS check "No" regarding policy replacement and don't complete Replacement Forms. Clients are advised to call and cancel the policy being "replaced".

ETA: Some Symmetry "leaders" train their downline that if they see no evidence of smoking in the home, there is no reason to ask the client if he/she smokes. Just check "No" to that question and move on.

ETA: I may have misspoken. I think their highest commission may be only 110%.

Last edited:
Symmetry makes at least 40%. My bet is on their core carriers, such as Am-Am, they make at least 60%, because their top commission is 115% and few are at that level.

An amazing culture? I respectfully disagree. They teach agents to be unethical. As an example, they train agents that if their client has an existing policy ALWAYS check "No" regarding policy replacement and don't complete Replacement Forms. Clients are advised to call and cancel the policy being "replaced".

ETA: Some Symmetry "leaders" train their downline that if they see no evidence of smoking in the home, there is no reason to ask the client if he/she smokes. Just check "No" to that question and move on.
I'm sure a company of that size has its bad apples. I've heard a lot of conference calls & they seem to be really motivational & top notch. If they're teaching their agents to do stuff like that then that would change my opinion. :nah:

I'm sure a company of that size has its bad apples. I've heard a lot of conference calls & they seem to be really motivational & top notch. If they're teaching their agents to do stuff like that then that would change my opinion. :nah:

Of course they "seem to be". Great puppet masters always do.

And I find it hard to believe these agency managers are training agents to behave unethically without the knowledge of the owners, but I could be wrong. Of course these managers don't tell the agents to check "No" during ppw training without giving them believable reasons why they always do it that way. imho, these newbies have no idea they are in non-compliance.

ETA Here is a screen shot of one of their top agency manager's training...
IMG_0049_zps475rpfiw.jpeg

ETA:. Oh, I was wrong. This trainer was recently promoted. He/she is now a Regional Agency Director.

Last edited:

If you know of any carrier in the industry giving out a 175% contract level, please share that secret with the rest of us.

If you know of any carrier in the industry giving out a 175% contract level, please share that secret with the rest of us.

Now you know that I can't do that. Contract levels are "confidential".

NSRH, did you receive confirmation of where your top three telesales agents placed in Club 35?

ETA: - I just rechecked the numbers and actually Symmetry should be receiving over 200% for the Home Certainty product, when you include the annual renewals they receive on it. To my knowledge, Symmetry shares $0.00 annual renewals on HC with their agents.

Last edited:
Back