Is anyone going to the Convention (National Agents Alliance) (NAA

john_petrowski said:
Good advice is to leave a company paying you 55% commissions and charging you $18 for "A" leads.

OK, and go where? Or how do I get a good source of leads. Who pays 1st year commissions all up front.

By the way, commissions are 60 %. And they just raised "A" lead costs to 21.28

I'm certainly not afraid to make phone calls and I'll run as many leads as I can get.

In fact I recently got set up with a well know Fraternal but, where are the leads?

Ideas are always welcome!

Where to go? Contract with the carriers yourself and get 100% commissions. Almost everyone pays advances. And where does NAA get the leads? They send mailers from free lists. You can do the same thing.

And I wouldn't mind NAA paying agents 55% but I think charging them $20 for leads is abusive. They're contracted at 130% so if you're at 60% they have 70% to play with. The problem with NAA is everyone above you wants to get rich off your efforts and there's too many hands in the cookie jar. They could eliminate the 20 managers who are above you, put you at 90% and charge you for leads.

Basically, this is how I work. I was with the health insurance equivelant of NAA - UGA. They gave me 10% commish and leads. Ok, but I'm at 25% now and pay for my leads. Here's the math:

10% with UGA and free leads - $10,000 for the week = $1,000 commish. No lead cost.

25% independent - $10,000 for the week = $2,500 a week. I pay for leads - about $400 a week so I net $2,100.

Wow - tough choice. You're getting burned even harder since not only does 60% commish suck but you're also paying an insane amount for leads.

Where does NAA get the list and mailers? Ask.

Plus, please factor into the equation that when you're independent you own your book of business.

Also, get the idea of non-med out of your head. You're supposed to find the best rates for your clients, not the worst. Also get the idea out of your head that your job is to protect their house. Your job when you're sitting in front of a client with life insurance is to do a needs analysis and recommend a proper death benefit. Having the house paid off just starts the bidding.

Client: My husband passed away and now come to find that even though the house is paid off I'm in very bad financial shape. Why didn't you recommend more coverage?

NAA agent: Sorry 'bout that but I just wanted a real quick commission which means a low death benefit with no exam.

If you would have read my first message you would have seen that I write mostly fully underwritten policies. I was trained by to do needs analysis and thats what I do. Even with NAA leads

Melissa data for the leads. You can buy the names and addresses of new mortgages. Use netpost on the post office website to mail. Or use a lead mailer $395-$475 per thousand. In one parish here you can download the names and addresses for free.

pfsthib said:
You can buy the names and addresses of new mortgages. Use netpost on the post office website to mail. Or use a lead mailer $395-$475 per thousand. In one parish here you can download the names and addresses for free.

just call information...get their # and call them....say your company is requiring you to meet with them about the $250,000 morg with chase...is mornings or afternoons better for you....then get their ages.....

I see we are back to NAA again so heres another post to keep us involved. Your welcome Sti :)

Back