Is anyone going to the Convention (National Agents Alliance) (NAA

So finding people who were already motivated and knew how to spell. That is the advice you took away from there. Sounds enlightening:)

Well in that case, every company is a MLM company.

I have never seen a CEO equal pay as a mailroom clerk. The pay normally starts somewhere and works its way up.

I do not work with the NAA or do I care to. But independent agents are ones who are diciplined enough to guide themselves to success (the good ones). Some need guidence, or an upline for that.

So, each their own. You know the old saying, if you want to be a success, you have to work for yourself.

You could buy your own leads, and make more money, but then there goes the guidelines and upline. 0-100 million in 4 years is great, but they are selling leads and making overrides off the agents. Where do you think the $100 Million comes from?

moonlightandmargaritas,

Does that make you good at what your doing?

Why the personal attacks on my spelling? I already mentioned spelling is not important to me. If it was I could use the spellcheck right above this box.

Yeah, it makes me good at what I'm doing. With the average one year failure rate at 97%, it's above average to just last! Over 15 years is exceptional. I have made a very handsome living for myself, and helped and brought a ton of value to people.

Everyone pays for leads either directly or indirectly so what

Paying for leads is not the issue.

Paying top price for cherry picked, rehashed leads AND taking a 55% contract is just foolish. You are digging a hole you cannot crawl out of.

I don't understand your anger

No anger. Neither you nor NAA (or any of those other agency's) affect my income a bit.

Going to 100 million in 4 years does mean there doing something right

Maybe that is an accurate figure, maybe not. Who knows? Even more so, who cares?

Not me.

classifying NAA as an MLM is just rediculous. By your definition, your working in an MLM company also

Not hardly.

I have been in career shops in the past and have also attended some recruiting meetings for folks like NAA, ACA, PFS, NBA, Alliance for Affordable Services . . . just to see what they are doing. Was never impressed.

A REAL career shop does not treat their agents the same. You need to have more experience in the industry to really understand the difference. I have never seen a NYL, Mass Mutual, John Hancock (or any other career shop) place ads in a paper for mass interviews where the tone is "join us and you will earn a fortune, everyone else is a crook".

I really don't care what you think of my, my opinion or how great you feel about NAA. The folks here who have tried to give you advice really don't have a bone to pick with you or NAA. Just some folks giving honest opinions about what NAA (and all the other MLM agencies) are really doing to their agents.

BTW, in case you are interested, I started in the industry part time while in college in 1973. Went full time in 1975. Believe I may have learned a few things along the way about this industry, who is believable and who isn't.

Somarco, it would be easier to believe some of the people on this forum are trying to give honest advice if it didn't get personal so fast. There seems to be an anger here just like there was on the other forum. This is not productive.

Anger? Maybe. Probably more like frustration from trying to feed you the truth instead of the manure you are being spoon fed now but you fail to appreciate the kind of advice that is being offered.

Believe it is time for me to move on. Singing lessons are over.

take care,

Back