Anyone Going to Toronto for MDRT?

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
Anyone heading up to Toronto next week for the Million Dollar Round Table’s annual meeting? I’ve covered six of them in the past several years as an industry journalist, and wondering what Forum members who are also MDRT qualifiers think of the event.
While the Main Platform speakers are usually pretty entertaining with some great messages, I’ve always gotten a lot more out of attending the breakout sessions.
What makes it worth – or not worth – the trip? Any other meetings you find particularly valuable (or not)?

My advice would be go in with a plan regarding which breakouts will help you the most, and I've found the speakers are almost always happy to answer specific questions right after the session. And don't accidentally stand on or near an MDRT logo, or you're bound to get run over by international MDRTers rushing to get their picture taken. Enjoy!

Day 1: being a first time attendee and having on a tot ribbon apparently makes you a celebrity. I had no idea how regarded that designation was.....in Asia. I must have taken pictures with 30+ Asians. These folks travelled to Toronto from Thailand, China, Korea and Japan....it is unbelievable. The energy here is insane...far better experience thus far than any naifa event I have ever been to.

Buddy of mine is there. I look forward to hearing the nuggets he picks up...

Back