Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers?

ncgolfr

I am brand new to insurance after 15+ years running a mortgage company. I am trying to map out a game plan for myself. The first IMO that I have talked with was Asurea. Seems as though they are going through some major changes, including their former name of Insurance Wholesalers.

Anyone have an opinion, good or bad, of this outfit? I thank you, in advance, for your input.

Thanks.

What division are you focusing on? Final Expense, MPI?

I spoke to 2 different people there and each told me entirely different information regarding lead costs and commissions. That doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about them at the moment.

I know them, it's a re branding of Insurance Wholesalers....they have been one of the heavy hitters in the industry for a long time but never really got their name out. From talking with some of their agents the little bit I have, they seem to have great direct mail FE and Mortgage Protection leads. The agents said they are easy to work wtih. In fact, I'm going to check them out myself....keep ya posted.

I know them, it's a re branding of Insurance Wholesalers....they have been one of the heavy hitters in the industry for a long time but never really got their name out. From talking with some of their agents the little bit I have, they seem to have great direct mail FE and Mortgage Protection leads. The agents said they are easy to work wtih. In fact, I'm going to check them out myself....keep ya posted.

That would be great. They are advertising all over the country on the job boards. Seem like a pretty good outfit b/c I can't really find any negative about them considering they have been around for such a long time as Insurance Wholesalers.

Please keep me posted and again, thanks.

I jsut started with these guys. So far they have great mortgage protection direct mail leads at very reasonable cost. Good carriers, too. The leads I got are all very recent mail-ins and the prospects knew why I was calling them . Great conversion percent. Better yet, they are all in my county! They also don't break my b*lls requiring me to fly cross country to meetings, waste my time recruiting, etc. Can you tell I was with a big mortgage protection group that was nothing more than network marketing? Awful. I made the people at the top rich and came close to going broke before I left. I'm making money with Asurea. I'll let you know how it goes, but for now, I'm loving it.

I have narrowed it down to Asurea and EFES. Very similar in structure. All things being equal, I guess whichever group has the best training/support to help get me started, is the way to go, being that I am brand new to insurance biz. Decisions...decisions.

Any last minute advice from you pros out there?

Just want to clarify something. I was told there shouldn't be a problem with this. I already work with an IMO but am still interested in getting on with ASUREA. Will there be a problem with me working for both? And I know the IMO I'm currently with and ASUREA have carriers in common. How will that work out? Can I write business with that common carrier through either IMO?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
One other thing, what are ASUREA's requirements to participate in the lead program? Do they require a minimum dollar amount? Minimum number of leads purchased?

Last edited:
Back