Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum

Reply to Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers?     
Old 07-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
ncgolfr on Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers? - Insurance Forum

State: ncgolfr is an Insurance Agent from North Carolina
Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers? Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers?
I am brand new to insurance after 15+ years running a mortgage company. I am trying to map out a game plan for myself. The first IMO that I have talked with was Asurea. Seems as though they are going through some major changes, including their former name of Insurance Wholesalers.

Anyone have an opinion, good or bad, of this outfit? I thank you, in advance, for your input.

Thanks.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers?

Old 07-29-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
Super Genius
rags2riches on Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers? - Insurance Forum

State: rags2riches is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers? Re: Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers?
I'm currently with them, could be better but, all in all not too many issues... Have a pretty good lead program as well.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:07 PM   #3
ncgolfr on Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers? - Insurance Forum

Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers? Re: Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers? ncgolfr is the thread starter for: Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers?

What division are you focusing on? Final Expense, MPI?

I spoke to 2 different people there and each told me entirely different information regarding lead costs and commissions. That doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about them at the moment.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:00 PM   #4
Super Genius
rags2riches on Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers? - Insurance Forum

State: rags2riches is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers? Re: Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers?
FE mostly.

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   Please type "insurance" in this box I agree to forum rules 

Old 07-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #5
Expert

State: Merlin is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
I know them, it's a re branding of Insurance Wholesalers....they have been one of the heavy hitters in the industry for a long time but never really got their name out. From talking with some of their agents the little bit I have, they seem to have great direct mail FE and Mortgage Protection leads. The agents said they are easy to work wtih. In fact, I'm going to check them out myself....keep ya posted.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #6

Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers? Re: Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers? ncgolfr is the thread starter for: Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers?

Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I know them, it's a re branding of Insurance Wholesalers....they have been one of the heavy hitters in the industry for a long time but never really got their name out. From talking with some of their agents the little bit I have, they seem to have great direct mail FE and Mortgage Protection leads. The agents said they are easy to work wtih. In fact, I'm going to check them out myself....keep ya posted.
That would be great. They are advertising all over the country on the job boards. Seem like a pretty good outfit b/c I can't really find any negative about them considering they have been around for such a long time as Insurance Wholesalers.

Please keep me posted and again, thanks.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #7

State: Lances is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
I jsut started with these guys. So far they have great mortgage protection direct mail leads at very reasonable cost. Good carriers, too. The leads I got are all very recent mail-ins and the prospects knew why I was calling them . Great conversion percent. Better yet, they are all in my county! They also don't break my b*lls requiring me to fly cross country to meetings, waste my time recruiting, etc. Can you tell I was with a big mortgage protection group that was nothing more than network marketing? Awful. I made the people at the top rich and came close to going broke before I left. I'm making money with Asurea. I'll let you know how it goes, but for now, I'm loving it.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #8
Guru

State: usakr is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
They are a good imo and their leads are very good and easy to sell.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:08 PM   #9

I have narrowed it down to Asurea and EFES. Very similar in structure. All things being equal, I guess whichever group has the best training/support to help get me started, is the way to go, being that I am brand new to insurance biz. Decisions...decisions.

Any last minute advice from you pros out there?
Old 08-25-2010, 09:56 PM   #10
dolcemango on Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers? - Insurance Forum

State: dolcemango is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Just want to clarify something. I was told there shouldn't be a problem with this. I already work with an IMO but am still interested in getting on with ASUREA. Will there be a problem with me working for both? And I know the IMO I'm currently with and ASUREA have carriers in common. How will that work out? Can I write business with that common carrier through either IMO?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
One other thing, what are ASUREA's requirements to participate in the lead program? Do they require a minimum dollar amount? Minimum number of leads purchased?

Last edited by dolcemango; 08-25-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Posts merged
Reply to Anyone Heard of ASUREA Formerly Insurance Wholesalers? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum