Appealing Rate Classes

If the policy is still in underwriting call the underwriter. If you can't call your underwriter maybe you should deal with a company where you can? If it has already been issued and not placed inforce, call your underwriter.

IMOs in my opinion have less than a stellar record of being able to fix things like this. I like to pick up the phone and call and get things done between the agent (me) and the company underwriter.

BTW, Midland National.

You're with the wrong IMOs

You're with the wrong IMOs

I have worked for multiple IMOs and have dealt with quite a few others as an agent. I think I know the inner workings of the IMO business as well as anyone.

Your IMO probably isn't talking to an actual underwriter. They usually have to send an email and get a response when they get a response. I don;t know about you but it is hard to convey all information in an email.

I'd rather have a relationship with my underwriter so that she knows how I do business, how I look at things and vice versa. It's also nice to be able to get a special favor on occasion when I need it. It's good for my business and it's good for my clients.

I have worked for multiple IMOs and have dealt with quite a few others as an agent. I think I know the inner workings of the IMO business as well as anyone.

Your IMO probably isn't talking to an actual underwriter. They usually have to send an email and get a response when they get a response. I don;t know about you but it is hard to convey all information in an email.

I'd rather have a relationship with my underwriter so that she knows how I do business, how I look at things and vice versa. It's also nice to be able to get a special favor on occasion when I need it. It's good for my business and it's good for my clients.

I would rather have a relationship with my clients and let the wholesaler deal with anything carrier related. A good one should also have more pull with the underwriters.

No right or wrong here, just different preferences.

I have had underwriters tell me that the easier end of year underwriting is a myth. I have gotten some good offers on larger cases at end of year. What say you. Does underwriting get any pressure to approve more at end of year?

We end our year then and it's not that we're feeling generous... it's more an "I don't want to be reading 20 APS's a day just to stay afloat in January/ February" idea.

Back