Bad MVR Report, Any Ideas?

AlTheGud1sRtakn

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have a client with a few speeding tickets and a suspended license who was just arrested for driving on that suspended license.

I had a similar case go through heavily rated a few months ago but evidently his MVR is a little worse than hers was. I'm in the process of getting some more details now. Any ideas on who I might be able to get him approved though? Looking for perm and/or term, he had applied for both but at this point we'll just have to work with what we can get.

Male, 39, tobacco, otherwise healthy.

"Male, 39, tobacco, otherwise healthy"

You forgot to add stupid and likely to lapse whatever you do for him...:)

Been to this rodeo before. You're going to work your ass off for him and he's not going to keep it.

Does he have life insurance now at 39? if the answer is no, don't invest a lot of time.

Probably every experienced agent here has a similar story.

Do you know what his license was suspended for initially? Most carriers will postpone him, probably looking at a range of 1-5 years varying by carrier, but depending on the details of the original suspension (was license suspended for dui, failure to pay fines, etc.) and the circumstances of this recent arrest (his knowledge of the suspended license, date of the arrest, court mandated programs) he could still have a shot at coverage sooner. A few of the more competitive carriers on MVR/Personal history will offer coverage as soon as any court mandated requirements or probation is completed. It will really come down to the severity of the infractions, particularly the incident which resulted in the license suspension. If you know any of this info and want to message me I can help out with a little better of a prelim assessment on what he can expect.

I have a client with a few speeding tickets and a suspended license who was just arrested for driving on that suspended license.

Male, 39, tobacco, otherwise healthy.

Unfortunately, the irresponsible ones are usually not worth giving a second look for. I would move on as fast as you can fart!

The nice thing about having lots of leads, is that it's easy to move on to the next lead!

Back