Best Brokerage/IMO/FMO/MGA/GA/Whatever else There Is?

InsuranceBrah

Expert
I know this question has been asked before. Probably a thousand times. Yet I still have trouble comprehending all of these terms and knowing my next steps. As said in a recent thread I recently went independent and am learning all the "business issues" as they come up.

So let me give you an introduction into my business and what I'm trying to accomplish.

Currently I'm licensed to Sell Life/Health, Property/Casualty, and Accident.

The life and health is my main business. I'm still trying to find my area of focus, but ultimately I think I'll be going after the final expense market. In this area I have my LLC, and Agency License if I ever want to bring on more producers.

I do P&C but it's not my area of focus. It's mostly natural marketing. I have an agreement with another agency and write that business through them. They have dedicated staff that helps with the servicing so it doesn't take away from my life business. As well as this, they give me an office to use and have no non compete contract. I see this as beneficial in another way as I'm the only "life guy" in the office. By the same right I have relationships with life agents that don't do P&C.

I started on the independent side after having issues getting anything approved through Mass Mutual. The Underwriters were taking months and acted like they didn't know what was going on when I called them. I never had those issues at NYL where I often had cases issued within a few days of the paramed exam.

So after finally kicking the chains of captivity I eagerly jumped in with a broker to start writing business.

I started with One Resource Group. The problem is their service is horrible. I'm always on hold and email conversations drag out an issue much longer than it should.

I ended up speaking with folks at ash and am in the process of switching to them. They have MUCH better service with dedicated staff just to pick up the phones. I'm never on hold, ect. I was very happy with the service I got and intended to write all future business through them. However after running into the "getting paid monthly" issue It lead me to come here and ask about it. To which the folks here let me know I wasn't even being paid at street level. Now I could get used to As paid earnings. So that isn't all that big a deal for me. I'll survive the ride. But I don't want to leave money on the table. and 10% adds up.

Keep in mind I thoroughly googled this and it's still tough to get the info I'm looking for.

Would I be better off finding a good broker that does everything? Crump, Ash, Brokers Alliance?

Or should I be using a different broker for different cases. For example are there brokers out there that offer better pay on specific products.

At the end of the day I'm fairly competent and don't need my hand held. I have my own sales training and have no issues taking care of my own CE. With that said I don't want to be on hold for an hour if I have a question about products either.

eventually I'd like to add an RIA platform on. which Brokers Alliance seems to offer. Does anyone have any experience with that? This one isn't a big deal because that's down the road.

Can anyone offer any help to my situation?

Last edited:
URL has a great setup. When you put all your business through them, you are eligible for bonuses and they will beat or be equal to whatever your getting now.

Some other interesting ones are Keystone Insurance Group and Gordon Marketing.

URL has a great setup. When you put all your business through them, you are eligible for bonuses and they will beat or be equal to whatever your getting now. Some other interesting ones are Keystone Insurance Group and Gordon Marketing.
I signed up for brokers alliance and they seem to have a not so bad online rater. They lack a lot of participating whole life companies though.

Hows the support so far? Commission good?
if you come from a captive agency you have to start at street comp.. Crump has more wl products.. But they are really slow.. I'm located in NY so the comp is pretty much the same everywhere I go..

----------

btw the support is pretty good. The rep calls me and e-mails me to keep me updated. They also have tiers to enhance comp as well

if you come from a captive agency you have to start at street comp.. Crump has more wl products.. But they are really slow.. I'm located in NY so the comp is pretty much the same everywhere I go..

According to others I'd be below Street level at ash. They are showing me 100% for Mutual Of Omaha for example.

Crump actually offers less. when I spoke to them they offered 80% and up to 96% as I wrote more business.

I have yet to discuss Commission with brokers alliance. But service is a big deal. I'm not sure If I'd move from ash for 10% commission if it meant losing the service they offer.

According to others I'd be below Street level at ash. They are showing me 100% for Mutual Of Omaha for example. Crump actually offers less. when I spoke to them they offered 80% and up to 96% as I wrote more business. I have yet to discuss Commission with brokers alliance. But service is a big deal. I'm not sure If I'd move from ash for 10% commission if it meant losing the service they offer.
if you find a better comp plan keep me updated!

Again you're posting in the wrong section, and getting advice from people who don't know the final expense market.

You are all over the place. Narrow it down and focus. You don't need an agency license, an LLC, and all that to sell FE. You just need a good upline and commit to a consistent weekly order of leads.

Talk to Spur City. He started out at one of the mutuals (NYL I think) before transitioning to final expense.

Back