Best Indexed Insurance Out There

Midland National/North American Life has the best IUL out there in my opinion.

ING has a good product, but their ratings are god awful. Plus, at the same credited rate Midland performs better last I compared the two.

LFG is a close second along with Pac Life.

Agree regarding Midland/N.A

Also agree about second place being PAC life, but I would say I see John Hancock's IUL slightly outpacing Lincoln, Penn Mutual is in there too.

Minnesota Life has been extremely competitive since their changes a couple of months ago. I'm not a fan of the omega builder but I like their improvements on their eclipse policy.

Midland/North American policies do have the chronic illness rider, but it seems that too often it is sold as a LTC type product. This isn't the true identity of that "rider."

The client will have a maximum benefit available to him/her. The client then will need to submit the claims and it is almost like a 2nd underwriting to determine what % of that benefit is available. While it may still provide a benefit...it isn't as rosy as the sales pitch.

Also, never run illustrations at the same % rate. This isn't an accurate comparison. Using probability from 20 or 30 year histories would probably be a better gauge. If I ran 8% with company A and that same 8% with company B that isn't right. That 8% may represent a 30% probability with company A and a 50% with Company B.

I wish Midland/NA would change their default to traditional loans verses participating loans. Often that is over looked and I don't think agent's realize the additional risk that the client is taking when they use participating loans.

I wish Midland/NA would change their default to traditional loans verses participating loans. Often that is over looked and I don't think agent's realize the additional risk that the client is taking when they use participating loans.

Whenever I've run an illustration with either of these two companies, I've had to change the loan from fixed to indexed if I wanted to illustrate the indexed loan option.

Back