Best IUL for College Planning .. Other Than Rapid Builder

jboussea

Guru
100+ Post Club
Is there a good competitor for Rapid Builder out there? Something that makes early cash value a priority so someone can use it for college planning ...

preferably a company that's more forgiving with underwriting

Whats the UW issue with Rapid Builder? NA/MNL has loosened up UW guidelines recently.

More importantly, they Table Shave up to Table 2 with Rapid Builder. So unless they are really bad health and get a Table 3 rating, they will get a Standard rating.

When you say "compete" it all depends what features you want. If its liquidity early on, then Allianz and Minnesota life are both good options. If UW is the major issue, then I would look at LFG, they have looser uw than NA plus they table shave. But no waiver of surrender rider with LFG.

Whats the UW issue with Rapid Builder? NA/MNL has loosened up UW guidelines recently.

More importantly, they Table Shave up to Table 2 with Rapid Builder. So unless they are really bad health and get a Table 3 rating, they will get a Standard rating.

When you say "compete" it all depends what features you want. If its liquidity early on, then Allianz and Minnesota life are both good options. If UW is the major issue, then I would look at LFG, they have looser uw than NA plus they table shave. But no waiver of surrender rider with LFG.

Mild Chrohn's ... no flare ups since diagnosis in 2010.. taking no meds.. 32/female
also is prescribed albuterol for asthma

Glad to hear I can get a table shave with NA/ Midland

MNL/NA is great but for a 32 yr old why use EC instead of CV. They should have plenty of time to build CV.

Mild Chrohn's ... no flare ups since diagnosis in 2010.. taking no meds.. 32/female
also is prescribed albuterol for asthma

Glad to hear I can get a table shave with NA/ Midland

10 or 20 pays? Or do you load up a traditional whole life policy?

Honestly, it depends on the individual situation. I do like the 10 alot, but also use trad max funded. A 20 would work also... and could probably be perfect in some situations. Doesn't Mass have a good 20? Not sure who else does.

Back