Best Questions for Life Insurance Sales?

I too read QBS after I saw Bob post about it back in 2010ish. Then I moved on to SPIN selling with Neal Rackham. Where QBS gave me the outline and the motivators for sales, SPIN taught me about the different KINDS of questions. And which type of question elicited the most sales; Situational, Problem, Implication, Needs.

SPIN is timeless. Start with No by Jim Camp is a very good book and gives the reader (sales person) a look into his checklist and log system for preparation and debriefing.

I'm surprised that 4 people "liked" that post. I wouldn't use that in an interview. I just threw it in there. I wouldn't use such tactics in a client interaction.

Either they're a prospect or not. A person convinced against their will... is of the same opinion still.

Here's my suggestion: if you really liked that and wanted to use it... you're not being the professional you should be with your clients.

What are some of the ways your family would be impacted if they did not have your income?

Lack of adequate life insurance destroys many families.

Here is my mind set on this.

You can also bring 3 quotes for casket prices in your area. One inexpensive costco casket, one medium priced and expensive and comfortable looking one. Given a choice, most of us don't want to go with the costco casket. And most middle class has no money in the bank to pay for the middle priced casket or the more comfy one.

Now thats just day one of when you are gone. How about the next day, the following week, the following month. How is your spouse going to pay for anything.

And if the prospect is on the heavy side, don't forget the casket needs more wood so the casket will cost more and the need for it may be sooner.

Last edited:
Re Casket. My wife is going to put me in the burn bag.

My mom did that with my dad, and then specified it for herself. They got the economy land deal, both burials in only one cemetery plot.

Back