Best Rates for $1,000,000 of Term

So I see these posts a lot asking about x person with y issues wanting z policy. Do most indie agents not have a quote engine? I'm with a big mutual co but can write outside business. Any time I have a weird case I run it through Broker's Clearing House and they shop it around for me and give me all the best options. I'd think an indie agent would use something like that all the time. Am I wrong?

Makes sense to me!

Unfortunately, a lot of independent agent's decide to go independent and then realize that they still need help with the most basic things, and are in no way actually independent. lol

Independent definition

not depending on another for livelihood or subsistence

synonyms: self-sufficient, self-supporting, self-reliant, standing on one's own two feet

Makes sense to me!

Unfortunately, a lot of independent agent's decide to go independent and then realize that they still need help with the most basic things, and are in no way actually independent. lol

Independent definition

not depending on another for livelihood or subsistence

synonyms: self-sufficient, self-supporting, self-reliant, standing on one's own two feet

I see independence (versus captive) differently. For one thing, I would never have a mindset that I don't need anyone else's involvement in my business for success. No matter how experienced we are, we all have blind spots.

Having worked a lot of years on both sides of the fence, independence to me simply means that I can choose where to put the business - not having to put it in only one place.

Back