Best Term with Living Benefits

whitejag

I'm newly licensed and interested in the life insurance market. I've heard about term with living benefits and know there are different companies offering this product. Can you give me guidance as far as which company would offer the best product?

I'm newly licensed and interested in the life insurance market. I've heard about term with living benefits and know there are different companies offering this product. Can you give me guidance as far as which company would offer the best product?

Transamerica, foresters, national life group, and I'm sure there's a few others but these are the only ones I can think of right now.

AIG - Chronic, Critical, Terminal
Sagicor - Terminal & Nursing Home
Phoenix - Chronic, Critical, Terminal
NACOLAH - Chronic, Critical, Terminal
Transamerica - Chronic, Critical, Terminal

Some of these companies have simplified issue underwriting (no blood/urine/paramed)

LSW has critical, chronic, terminal also

I wish more companies had critical. Pretty much all have terminal, many have chronic.

I give Phoenix Life's Safe Harbor to everyone that comes aboard. Up to $500k, great price point, living benefits rolled in.

Anyone have any claims experience with living benefits they will share?

Not personally but did see AGLA claims in our office...The 'free Quality of Life" benefits are not quite what many people think they are. They pay based on how the condition affects life expectancy. A person that has a heart attack may elect to accelerate 50K of a 100K policy. The company may offer to pay 35K. If he accepts, it reduces the face by 50K, not the 35K he actually received. On a blindness claim they only offered a couple hundred bucks on a 50k acceration becuase they said it did not affect mortality by very much...... .

Last edited:
Back