The Blind Leading the Blind

VolAgent

Guru
5000 Post Club
It is truly sad how many agents and recruiters are completely unaware of the products they are selling.

I was speaking with a new agent via email. It appears this agent has gotten mixed up with World Financial Group. They had informed her that a UL is a wonderful product. For people with 401ks that are about to retire, they can move that money into the UL without penalty. But if someone cashes out their 401k, they will be hit with huge taxes. The UL has interest, although their could be taxes as well.

This is truly sad. I'm sure she misunderstood some, but I'm also sure they pitched this as a great idea as well.

Your title says it all. Or it could be titled "the blind (and willfully blind) leading the blind" because that is the culture for many WFG'ers. Not all, but many.

WFG is promoting insurance sales as a part time side gig when insurance is not a gig, it is a profession that requires years of dedication just to have a thorough understanding. Unfortunately, recruiting for them is the name of the game, not training and development. When I was recruited into this business thru a similar channel, I was given some mail reply leads and told to go sit down and offer term, GUL and WL side by side...no quoting training, no field underwriting training etc....all best class quotes. First case I wrote was a smoking diabetic...quoted pref+. My very first life case went not taken :(

Back