Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum

Reply to Can't Find Policy Information - Jackson National     
Old 08-12-2017, 06:07 PM   #1
Super Genius

State: Piece Of The Pie is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Can't Find Policy Information - Jackson National Can't Find Policy Information - Jackson National
Need your help.
My father passed May 26 at 81 years old. He lived in Indiana most of his life. I recently noticed a $20/month recurring withdraw from his checking account. It says... 'Jackson National Ins Pymt". Based on bank statements I have researched, he has been paying for at least 4 years, but probably many more.
I contacted Jackson National 2 weeks ago to find his policy information. As of now, they can't find any policy information. I understand years ago it was The Midland and Reassure America.
I sent a request 2 weeks ago thru the NAIC Life Insurance Policy Locator. - No response from them.
I sent an email to Midland National life today.
I need advice on next steps.
Thanks,
Brad in Indiana
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Can't Find Policy Information - Jackson National
Old 08-12-2017, 06:50 PM   #2
Super Genius
adjusterjack on Can't Find Policy Information - Jackson National

State: adjusterjack is an Insurance Agent from Arizona
Can't Find Policy Information - Jackson National Re: Can't Find Policy Information - Jackson National
Check with the bank to see if they can tell you where, specifically, the money was going to every month.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:06 PM   #3
Super Genius

Can't Find Policy Information - Jackson National Re: Can't Find Policy Information - Jackson National Piece Of The Pie is the thread starter for: Can't Find Policy Information - Jackson National

Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
Check with the bank to see if they can tell you where, specifically, the money was going to every month.
Bank has been unhelpful over the phone. Will try the local branch next week. (Fifth Third)
Old 08-12-2017, 08:52 PM   #4
Super Genius

Can't Find Policy Information - Jackson National Re: Can't Find Policy Information - Jackson National
Originally Posted by Piece Of The Pie View Post
Bank has been unhelpful over the phone. Will try the local branch next week. (Fifth Third)
That might be because it's your father's account and you're not on it.

If a personal visit to the branch has the same results you will probably have to go to probate court and get appointed as representative of your father's estate if you haven't done that already.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:14 PM   #5
Super Genius

Can't Find Policy Information - Jackson National Re: Can't Find Policy Information - Jackson National Piece Of The Pie is the thread starter for: Can't Find Policy Information - Jackson National

Yes, I am the Executor of his estate and the bank has the document showing that.

Did Jackson National sell policies thru credit card offers or other mailings that my dad might have signed up for? Reason I ask is that it is exactly $20 per month coming out of his checking account.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:44 PM   #6
Super Genius

Anything's possible.

The money has to be received somehow on the other end and the bank's records should show something about that.

A face to face with a branch manager should be your next step.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:41 AM   #7
Guru
VolAgent on Can't Find Policy Information - Jackson National

State: VolAgent is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
VolAgent is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
You can always get the bank to stop the draft. That should trigger mail from the insurance company about the dishonored EFT. If it has already been stopped, then that mail should be going out. Keep an eye on the mail, also has your father moved in the past 20 years?

Considering the company and the size of the premium, my bet is the policy was originally sold in the early 2000s or late 90s.

You can pay the premium or you can own the loss.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:04 PM   #8
Super Genius

Originally Posted by VolAgent View Post
You can always get the bank to stop the draft. That should trigger mail from the insurance company about the dishonored EFT. If it has already been stopped, then that mail should be going out. Keep an eye on the mail, also has your father moved in the past 20 years?

Considering the company and the size of the premium, my bet is the policy was originally sold in the early 2000s or late 90s.
Great idea... Stopping payment today. No, he hasn't moved in 21 years.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:14 PM   #9
Guru
VolAgent on Can't Find Policy Information - Jackson National

State: VolAgent is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
VolAgent is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by Piece Of The Pie View Post
Great idea... Stopping payment today. No, he hasn't moved in 21 years.
That should get you some mail from the insurance company. The reason I asked if he had moved in that time frame is that sometimes people forget to let the company know they have moved. If the account has stayed the same, the drafts would have continued and he never would have given it another thought.

You can pay the premium or you can own the loss.
Reply to Can't Find Policy Information - Jackson National 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum