Which Carrier Would You Choose?

Second Protective. If he had put Protective in the list I would have picked them as well. Not because of the conversion products, there I would have picked ONL. I use Protective to beat price based competitors regularly. One underused value with them is the DT at the end of the term period over the huge sticker shock at the end. Being able to dial down their UL is important as well many people's needs do not fit in neat 20 or 30 year blocks. Also a dialed down UL will issue at higher ages than many term plans. And if the UL is the Advantage it has a rolling target. Which can mean 50-100% more comp. :yes:

I couldn't agree more.. I like Banner as well, but Protective is a very solid company, who is extremely consistent. I actually had not know about their DT feature on their term until passing over another forum and seeing you explain it in one of your replies, so thank you so much for that - there's a wealth of knowledge in this forum.

Oddly enough, I also had a client call me yesterday (app already in UW), as another agent was trying to sell him on the DT on the same protective policy that I had already submitted. Thanks to you, I was aware of the DT and was able to retain the sale. Much appreciated!

Lastly, I have been having terrible UW results with Genworth lately.. Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone else been experiencing this?

I couldn't agree more.. I like Banner as well, but Protective is a very solid company, who is extremely consistent. I actually had not know about their DT feature on their term until passing over another forum and seeing you explain it in one of your replies, so thank you so much for that - there's a wealth of knowledge in this forum.

Oddly enough, I also had a client call me yesterday (app already in UW), as another agent was trying to sell him on the DT on the same protective policy that I had already submitted. Thanks to you, I was aware of the DT and was able to retain the sale. Much appreciated!

Lastly, I have been having terrible UW results with Genworth lately.. Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone else been experiencing this?

Banner is good as well. Genworth can be a pain and drag that pain out for months.

I take PayPal; D

I've been writing a lot late with sagicor,american General and american national.actually had a $350 month sagicor Gul recently that had a mib hit and turned it in and after further review issued preferred ns. I'm very disappointed in the renewals out there as it's hard to build a business on 2-3% back end. On a 95-100% contract with protective what's the back end?im licensed with trans for final expense and there living benefits product has caught my eye with its great benefits and I like the comp with big first yr and near 5.% renewals.

Banner is good as well. Genworth can be a pain and drag that pain out for months. I take PayPal; D

Yeah, I agree. I've had good luck with Banner and Trans, but terrible luck with Genworth.

Pru has been the best for me - although their comp isn't too high, they've pushed a lot of stuff through. I've even double app'd them with both Banner and Trans, and Pru has won every time.

It's always interesting to hear from other agents in order to see what carriers are the best with UW and such.

And don't worry... The check is in the mail.. Is it ok if its post-dated for November 2015? That's when my last comp payment will fall off the books on that case that you helped me save. Haha - thanks again!

I won't say with who. But a boutique firm offered me 100% on pru.now when you get well above street the firm many times has to pay you the difference. Many contracts like lincoln and met can get you 100%. You got to ask for it

Back