Case Help

Gooner

Guru
5000 Post Club
Atlanta, GA
I got a call yesterday from a gentleman who is 29 years old and has Muscular dystrophy. I know without any other details (which I don't have yet), it's impossible to give me an exact carrier, but does anyone have a good starting off place.

I know I glcan get him covered on a small SIWL policy, but I'd like to have some more options in case that doesn't fit his needs.

Thanks,

Donnie

This one could be anything up to Std per Transamerica:
Muscular Dystrophy
Becker or limb girdle – T10 to Decline
Duchene – Decline
Dystrophia Myotonica – Decline
Facioscapulohumeral – Standard to T6
Mitochondrial – Standard to Decline
Myotonia Congenita – Standard
Periodic Paralysis – Standard to T2

Facioscapulohumeral dystrophy is the best prognosis. if stable, can be table B, if stable with minor disability but can do most activities, can be table D. If unstable, decline.

If Beckers Dystrophy: stable and very slowly progressive, mobile, ecg normal, no evidence of cardiomyopathy, can be table 6.

Main items are disability and mobility with little to no other co-morbid factors like heart issues.

The above are for traditional life insurance. If he doesn't fit into one of those categories, you can look to the secondary life market as I call it...the graded products. You can stack a fairly large amount of coverage that way, but it will be pricey. Get an idea of clients income, premium tolerance etc. before you waste too much time.

-helpful brokerage company

I got a call yesterday from a gentleman who is 29 years old and has Muscular dystrophy. I know without any other details (which I don't have yet), it's impossible to give me an exact carrier, but does anyone have a good starting off place.

I know I glcan get him covered on a small SIWL policy, but I'd like to have some more options in case that doesn't fit his needs.

Thanks,

Donnie

He most likely would be placed with any Aegon company. Now put a check by my name in the helpful column.

Back