Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum

Reply to Changing Agencies with Current Book     
Old 09-06-2017, 12:54 PM   #1
bwj

State: bwj is an Insurance Agent from New Jersey
Changing Agencies with Current Book Changing Agencies with Current Book
I am a financial planner who does some life insurance business through an agency. I am changing broker dealers and moving to another life agency. Some of my existing life book pays residuals that I would like to keep receiving. What is generally the process to notify my current insurance companies of my change of agency?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Changing Agencies with Current Book
Old 09-06-2017, 12:57 PM   #2
Guru
Todd King on Changing Agencies with Current Book

State: Todd King is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Todd King is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Changing Agencies with Current Book Re: Changing Agencies with Current Book
Originally Posted by bwj View Post
I am a financial planner who does some life insurance business through an agency. I am changing broker dealers and moving to another life agency. Some of my existing life book pays residuals that I would like to keep receiving. What is generally the process to notify my current insurance companies of my change of agency?
Many of the companies will dual contract you, but some won't. For the companies that do, just submit a new contract. As for the companies that don't allow dual contracting, you will probably have to ask for a release from your present agency or go for 6 months without writing business for a particular company.

------------------------------------
Todd R. King
800-590-7207
540-400-6275
888-748-3978 Fax
TRKingIM.com

Do the right thing because it's simply the right thing to do.

Finalexpense101.com
  Reply With Quote to Changing Agencies with Current Book
Reply to Changing Agencies with Current Book 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum