Child with Down Syndrome

CFP83

Guru
100+ Post Club
Forum,

I have a client that has a 5 yr old son with Down Syndrome. Up until this point I have thought that getting life insurance for this child would be impossible. When I joined this forum I discovered the "simplified issue" market-place, which has caused me to go back through my inforce clientele as well as prospects that were declines and reevaluate these situations.

Is there any insurer that would look at this case? As always, thanks a million in advance for your guidance

Remember even simplifed issue has underwriting questions. Your chances I don't believe are that great. Have you made sure the parents have plenty of coverage as Down's kids can live into their 50's but will require some level of care or oversight.

Forum,

I have a client that has a 5 yr old son with Down Syndrome. Up until this point I have thought that getting life insurance for this child would be impossible. When I joined this forum I discovered the "simplified issue" market-place, which has caused me to go back through my inforce clientele as well as prospects that were declines and reevaluate these situations.

Is there any insurer that would look at this case? As always, thanks a million in advance for your guidance

Yes, email me with your phone # and I will help you.

Have you looked into a guaranteed issue child rider? There are a few left. Also, make sure it has conversion right.
Watch out for products with CV, they can make the child ineligible for Social Security in the future.
There is one simplified issue WL product that I have written a few times on young adults with DS. The insured has to be over 8 and be moderate to highly functional.

I'm a product nerd that is always looking for underwriting advantages.

Back