Claims for Suicide

Gilmore, was this you?

----------

Seems like that might have, in a way, been a fortunate mistake to make (sending the e-mail summary to the daughter). Might have given her a chance to intervene?

But this stuff is so hard to see coming. But perhaps not so much in that situation.

Tough stuff. Thanks for sharing that.

Yes it was. Same with the phone message I left for her daughter.

This was a very active woman before the accident. Succe$$ful business owner, good looking single, All the toys, to flopping out of wheelchair and a diaper. That could really put you in a depressed frame of mind.

That is the hard part of this job. We really honestly don't want to make life insurance a solution to someone's "temporary" problems in life. It should never be that attractive of an option to encourage someone to take their life when things get them down.

Right now I am in stage 3 renal failure, spent last year mostly in the hospital dealing with a wound and infections that lead to an amputation. 4 months of the strongest anti-biotic drugs you can take played hell on my kidneys. So now I am looking at their failing along with an amputation that currently is hurt for a third time. Also went Afib 3 years ago.

So right now I am fighting the good fight but honestly there are times where I want to say Fck it and not die a piece at a time anymore. I look at that client's situation how a little problem got the best of him. I look at my situation and tell myself there is a different answer than letting it get the best of me. Cheers.

That is the hard part of this job. We really honestly don't want to make life insurance a solution to someone's "temporary" problems in life. It should never be that attractive of an option to encourage someone to take their life when things get them down.

Right now I am in stage 3 renal failure, spent last year mostly in the hospital dealing with a wound and infections that lead to an amputation. 4 months of the strongest anti-biotic drugs you can take played hell on my kidneys. So now I am looking at their failing along with an amputation that currently is hurt for a third time. Also went Afib 3 years ago.

So right now I am fighting the good fight but honestly there are times where I want to say Fck it and not die a piece at a time anymore. I look at that client's situation how a little problem got the best of him. I look at my situation and tell myself there is a different answer than letting it get the best of me. Cheers.

Larry, I appreciate your genuine and well-informed commentary, not just here but across the forum. You certainly have my respect for pressing through such a difficult experience . . . and my prayers for healing in every possible way.

Back