Cold Call B2B Life Insurance

I use to cold call business owners and got great results.

I also use to have a really good leads guy who only did
life insurance for business owners. He went out of business
even though his leads were very solid and lately I feel a bit rusty.

Any ideas for a great script would help me greatly!!

I believe Mehdi used to ride the elevator in NYC, get off on a floor, stick his head in the door and ask "Does anyone want to buy life insurance?".

Well, that too.

But I do recall hearing that story about Mehdi. Can't say if it is true or not.

More often than not a simple approach works best. This is especially true with cold calling.

I believe Mehdi used to ride the elevator in NYC, get off on a floor, stick his head in the door and ask "Does anyone want to buy life insurance?".

No way, that's hysterical hahahahha

----------

I do B2B cold canvassing and try to follow a mentor's advice of walking in at least 30 businesses a day. Out of 30 I actually speak face to face to maybe, MAYBE, 5 business owners, on a good day. You can imagine I am on a quick trip to the poorhouse.

But, like anything else, this business boils down to having people to see. I try to walk in more than 30, because 30 is not enough. I only have one scheduled appointment this week...........

Many have said to leave a flyer behind if you don't get to speak to the owner. I've been diligently leaving flyers behind for three months now. I must have left behind for owners about one thousand flyers, and have yet to get a call.

If you are looking for leads, consider contacting Thad Sipple (thad.sipple) on this forum.

Insurance Forum - View Profile: Thad.Sipple

Why are you proposing thad's leads for this thread? To my knowledge Thad only does FE and Med Supps...

----------

No way, that's hysterical hahahahha

----------

I do B2B cold canvassing and try to follow a mentor's advice of walking in at least 30 businesses a day. Out of 30 I actually speak face to face to maybe, MAYBE, 5 business owners, on a good day. You can imagine I am on a quick trip to the poorhouse.

But, like anything else, this business boils down to having people to see. I try to walk in more than 30, because 30 is not enough. I only have one scheduled appointment this week...........

Many have said to leave a flyer behind if you don't get to speak to the owner. I've been diligently leaving flyers behind for three months now. I must have left behind for owners about one thousand flyers, and have yet to get a call.

the flyer is almost just a "reason" to see them. What is your approach like? Full Throttle on here does 20-30 a day as well, reminds me of the tgp forum's owner's advice...

Are you selling life for key employee, buy-sell's, personal life insurance on the owner, or voluntary benefits for the employees, or executive carve-outs/golden handcuffs?
Are you representing one company or many?
Do you try to lead in with term and convert?

The purpose of leaving a flyer is NOT to generate a phone call. The purpose of leaving a flyer is to leave evidence that you had previously stopped by... and to CALL them 1-2 days later and ask if they've seen it. If they threw it away, simply go on and say "well, the flyer talked about ...".

If I were to be targeting business owners, I wouldn't lead in with life insurance... or any other kind of "life insurance planning". You've got to get into their world... and their world is "I want results and I want them now." They live in a higher stress world... and they don't have time, nor want to take the time to see you, unless their CPA tells them that they need to. At least, that seems to be a prevailing mentality.

What I learned at Combined Insurance, was that most people are interested in policies that pay THEM... a policy that will benefit them personally. And they instinctively know that if their health fails for an extended period of time... their business, reputation, and cash flow can suffer greatly. Of course, this impacts the kinds of businesses where the owner is constantly there, and can't ever seem to get away from the business.

I would use Critical Illness insurance as my door opener. It's a relatively new insurance product, relatively inexpensive, great benefits, and not too many people really know about it.

My approach would be: "Hello _____? This is DHK with Assurity Life here in (city). Do you have a quick minute to talk?

"Great! The reason I'm calling (stopping by) is... You know how health insurance pays doctors and hospitals when you get sick or hurt and can't work? Well, our policies pay YOU and help you pay YOUR bills. (pause)

I just need 10 minutes to stop by and show you how it works... and then you can judge it for yourself."

The question often comes up: "Is this AFLAC?"

"No, it's not AFLAC. One big difference between us and AFLAC is that AFLAC has minimum employee participation requirements just to buy one policy. We don't do that. We don't do payroll deduction or have minimum employee participation. We work one-on-one, one-by-one. We can offer it to your employees too... but that's your and their decision to make."

Now, all you have to do is stop by, explain how the product works, run a quote for maximum coverage of $500,000... and go down from there.

Then, if you want to offer life insurance-based solutions or even disability (BOE), etc... it'll be a whole lot easier to get a meeting with someone who has already bought from you... than someone who hasn't.

Back