Consistent Producer Looking to Find a New IMO or MGA

rebootinsurance

I have been a licensed life agent for 3 years and have been reading this forum for over 2 years. I produced over 100K life AP and 170K annuity rollovers in my first year and have improved year after year. I'm on pace for 200K AP this year.

Yes, I'm with NAA.

I don't want to hear about how much you guys hate NAA. I DON'T hate them. With the help of my upline I went from 8k in debt in a 25k a year job to 15K in savings and 150K+ gross annual revenue in my business. I quit my job and worked this full time since day one. yes... on a 55 contract. I'm not at that contract level anymore obviously. oh.. According to my most recent numbers... I have a 90%+ placement rate and a 80%+ persistency ratio. My business gets issued and stays on the books.

There are a great many things I like about the company i'm with. I'm posting this anonymously for a reason. If I don't find what I'm looking for then I don't want them to know I was looking. It would strain the relationship.

I'm posting here because it is time to explore my options. And also because apparently no one will list their IMO/MGA here. (Carriers, lead options, underwriting, support etc) The only responses are..."PM me" or "I'll email you" Its very cloak and dagger. So I'm going to review messages from the recruiters on here and consider suggestions from the gurus.

This is what I'm looking for in a new partner.

I like traveling...a national lead database with leads all over the country is a great tool i've become used to. I could easily find a marketing company to mail drop in my home area but I like "lead leads everywhere leads" to back up what I'm doing locally.

I don't care if I get flamed...I LOVE simplified issue. Its "table 4" people. It's NOT that much more expensive and most of my clients do NOT want anyone coming to their house to draw blood and hook them up to an EKG. I've done many fully underwritten policies and only 1/3 of them get issued.

I like most of the carriers we (NAA) have so equal or better name recognition is paramount. Please don't waste my time by suggesting I become a captive agent.

Of course I'm looking for a larger contract level. But I'm not going to move for a modest increase. If that were the case, the devil I know is better than the devil I don't.

So please get in touch via email or PM I am anxious to hear your opinions. Thanks for reading

posting below is fine too.

I'm also considering just going fully independent next year. ie. my own contracts with the carriers and agreements with mail houses for leads. I can hire a few agents that way too. I don't want a super agency...just a profitable one where I'm confident in the people I hire aren't rolling thousands of dollars up to me.

Last edited:
You are generally the type of agent that comes over to Legacy. Feel free to check us out and look through my posts.

There are many IMOs on the forum also to checkout. Our specialty happens to be MGA building and working with large producers looking for something better.

Last edited:
I have been a licensed life agent for 3 years and have been reading this forum for over 2 years. I produced over 100K life AP and 170K annuity rollovers in my first year and have improved year after year. I'm on pace for 200K AP this year.

Yes, I'm with NAA.

I don't want to hear about how much you guys hate NAA. I DON'T hate them. With the help of my upline I went from 8k in debt in a 25k a year job to 15K in savings and 150K+ gross annual revenue in my business. I quit my job and worked this full time since day one. yes... on a 55 contract. I'm not at that contract level anymore obviously. oh.. According to my most recent numbers... I have a 90%+ placement rate and a 80%+ persistency ratio. My business gets issued and stays on the books.

There are a great many things I like about the company i'm with. I'm posting this anonymously for a reason. If I don't find what I'm looking for then I don't want them to know I was looking. It would strain the relationship.

I'm posting here because it is time to explore my options. And also because apparently no one will list their IMO/MGA here. (Carriers, lead options, underwriting, support etc) The only responses are..."PM me" or "I'll email you" Its very cloak and dagger. So I'm going to review messages from the recruiters on here and consider suggestions from the gurus.

This is what I'm looking for in a new partner.

I like traveling...a national lead database with leads all over the country is a great tool i've become used to. I could easily find a marketing company to mail drop in my home area but I like "lead leads everywhere leads" to back up what I'm doing locally.

I don't care if I get flamed...I LOVE simplified issue. Its "table 4" people. It's NOT that much more expensive and most of my clients do NOT want anyone coming to their house to draw blood and hook them up to an EKG. I've done many fully underwritten policies and only 1/3 of them get issued.

I like most of the carriers we (NAA) have so equal or better name recognition is paramount. Please don't waste my time by suggesting I become a captive agent.

Of course I'm looking for a larger contract level. But I'm not going to move for a modest increase. If that were the case, the devil I know is better than the devil I don't.

So please get in touch via email or PM I am anxious to hear your opinions. Thanks for reading

posting below is fine too.

I'm also considering just going fully independent next year. ie. my own contracts with the carriers and agreements with mail houses for leads. I can hire a few agents that way too. I don't want a super agency...just a profitable one where I'm confident in the people I hire aren't rolling thousands of dollars up to me.

Who are your favorite companies?

Term: Mutual of Omaha, Columbian Financial Group, and a great new product from Phoenix.

FX: Mutual of Omaha, Transamerica.

I have something for every client. 1 day old to 85. Perfect health to stage 4 cancer. I write with the carriers to best suit the client but I have my favorites.
Why do you ask?

Term: Mutual of Omaha, Columbian Financial Group, and a great new product from Phoenix.

I have something for every client. 1 day old to 85. Perfect health to stage 4 cancer. I write with the carriers to best suit the client but I have my favorites.
Why do you ask?

You will most likely need to stop producing with those companies for 6-12 months or obtain a release to move those contracts.

Why do you ask?

Just curious on the options. SI is awesome and really fits the current generation IMHO. Columbian has term? I have gotten an email on the Phoenix plan. Do not want to derail your post.

"You will most likely need to stop producing with those companies for 6-12 months or obtain a release to move those contracts."
He can certainly find many companies more competitive for Term than the ones he listed, so he'll be just fine.

"You will most likely need to stop producing with those companies for 6-12 months or obtain a release to move those contracts."
He can certainly find many companies more competitive for Term than the ones he listed, so he'll be just fine.

Same for FE. Once he finds out what's really out there he won't miss those two he's using at all.

Is Brokers Alliance the only place you can get a contract for this product?

NM...just saw the webinar and it said BA is only place. Also, it's a B rated carrier---not that it comes up much, but some consumers do ask and some agents won't sell a B Company.

Last edited:
Back