Die Without Life Insurance

As Greg indicated, where do you think they get cadavers for the medical schools?

The cadavers are volunteers. They are not poor people.

Can you imagine the lawsuits in this country if the poorest of the poor had no choice but to be donated as medical cadavers and body farms?

Believe me, it DOESN'T happen.

All indingents are buried UNLESS the immeadiete family chooses to have them cremated or donated.

I guess it may be good for sales to tell people they will be a medical cadaver if they don't buy your FE policy but it just ain't true.

The cadavers are volunteers. They are not poor people.

Can you imagine the lawsuits in this country if the poorest of the poor had no choice but to be donated as medical cadavers and body farms?

Believe me, it DOESN'T happen.

All indingents are buried UNLESS the immeadiete family chooses to have them cremated or donated.

I guess it may be good for sales to tell people they will be a medical cadaver if they don't buy your FE policy but it just ain't true.

I just called a funeral home here in Raleigh, NC to verify. Yes, if a person dies with no insurance or $$$, and the family can not pay for a cremation then the body IS donated to science or....if they pass in a hospital's care, the hospital may do the cremation if they desire to. NO written permission needed. May be different in your state though.

I just called a funeral home here in Raleigh, NC to verify. Yes, if a person dies with no insurance or $$$, and the family can not pay for a cremation then the body IS donated to science or....if they pass in a hospital's care, the hospital may do the cremation if they desire to. NO written permission needed. May be different in your state though.

I can't imagine that being legal in ANY state. I think there is more to it than what they are telling you. Funeral homes also don't want people planning on a free burial.

I can't imagine that being legal in ANY state. I think there is more to it than what they are telling you. Funeral homes also don't want people planning on a free burial.

A person passes away, has no $$$, has no family.....where does legal enter this picture?

A person passes away, has no $$$, has no family.....where does legal enter this picture?

You can't imagine the "relatives" that come out of the woodwork when they smell money.

Do you think there are laws that govern burial, cremation and body donation?

This discussion reminds me of another question I've never had answered. When an adult dies with debt, does that debt have to be paid off by a family member? Let's say we have a 30 year old man die who is not married, for example, but does have living parents. Sometimes when I'm selling life insurance, people tell me the reason they are buying the insurance is to pay off so and so's debts upon their death, and I just go along with it, but have always secretly wondered if they really need the coverage.

The post above yours says the deceased has NO $$$.

Greg, you MAY be right someplace. I don't know every state. But I can guarantee you that in my part of the country if the poor were forced to be cremated or donated it would be a huge outrage.

Those options are fine if they are someone's choice. But they are not done lightly. And they are never forced on anybody...at least around here.

Greg, you MAY be right someplace. I don't know every state. But I can guarantee you that in my part of the country if the poor were forced to be cremated or donated it would be a huge outrage.

Those options are fine if they are someone's choice. But they are not done lightly. And they are never forced on anybody...at least around here.

Using your logic, a poor person doesn't have to have any FE coverage, because they know their body will not be donated and also that they will not be cremated. So who will put up the $$$ to give this poor person a free funeral? I'm not following you there.

Back