Dividend-paying WL

I can't imagine that anyone would receive near as much in dividends as that extra premium would cost them over RNA's price.

It seems they would just be paying extra to say they got dividends.

I can't imagine that anyone would receive near as much in dividends as that extra premium would cost them over RNA's price.

Well if that where true, I'd need to find something else to do in this industry. Good news for me is it doesn't look like I'm going anywhere.

I just wanted to say thanks for the suggestions and info. You folks have been great. Very much appreciated!

I'll be taking a look at LaFayette and Guardian for sure and maybe Ohio National.

I'm not so sure about that.

I won't get into actual rates only the relative difference. Lets just say RNA $50K 20-pay is X per month. Country Life $50K 20-pay is X+$36.60. That's $8784 over 20 years. But the Country Life policy shows an illustrated DB at current rates of over $75K (non-guaranteed of course). Obviously, the RNA policy after 20 years is still $50K. Is it worth the difference in cost? I don't know.

But I'm thinking it's probably better to go with something like a $40K face on a dividend-paying carrier and still come out ahead after 20 years.

Last edited:
Well if that where true, I'd need to find something else to do in this industry. Good news for me is it doesn't look like I'm going anywhere.

Still looks like smoke and mirrors to me. I'll tell you what, you send me a $100 a month and I will give you back $30 a month. You can go around all you want and tell people that I'm giving you $30 a month. We won't mention the $100 you're paying me so that I can seem like this swell guy that gives out $30 a month.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I just wanted to say thanks for the suggestions and info. You folks have been great. Very much appreciated!

I'll be taking a look at LaFayette and Guardian for sure and maybe Ohio National.

I'm not so sure about that.

I won't get into actual rates only the relative difference. Lets just say RNA $50K 20-pay is X per month. Country Life $50K 20-pay is X+$36.60. That's $8784 over 20 years. But the Country Life policy shows an illustrated DB at current rates of over $75K (non-guaranteed of course). Obviously, the RNA policy after 20 years is still $50K. Is it worth the difference in cost? I don't know.

But I'm thinking it's probably better to go with something like a $40K face on a dividend-paying carrier and still come out ahead after 20 years.

If you don't use thr real rates and illustrations it's all gobbledygook. If your point is valid, why not use real numbers?

Last edited:
JD, it's great and all that in your support of RNA. Sounds like you really buy into their concept. I just kinda wonder about the A- rating. And while 792 million is nothing to sneeze at, the bigger fellas seem to be rated higher and have mulitple billions. Guardian the one I use has about 35 Billion in net assets. NYL where I started and where my WL are located has 316 billion undermanagement.

While it's great to flog what you sell, remember people can simply look up the information themselves. cheers.

LGilmore said:
JD, it's great and all that in your support of RNA. Sounds like you really buy into their concept. I just kinda wonder about the A- rating. And while 792 million is nothing to sneeze at, the bigger fellas seem to be rated higher and have mulitple billions. Guardian the one I use has about 35 Billion in net assets. NYL where I started and where my WL are located has 316 billion undermanagement.

While it's great to flog what you sell, remember people can simply look up the information themselves. cheers.

It's impossible for small companies to get better than an A- rating. But sometimes the small companies are MUCH easier to deal with than the huge ones for the agent AND the client. There is no reason to not have both.

It's not about shilling for RNA. I find them to be very difficult to work with, but I go through the difficult process of dealing with them because they offer the best value for my clients.

If someone can show me otherswise I am more than willing to listen and would then show that better deal to my clients.

Granted I work the FE market where premium dollars are pretty tight and much more important than cash accumulation in the policy. I still want to know more about competing products.

It's impossible for small companies to get better than an A- rating. But sometimes the small companies are MUCH easier to deal with than the huge ones for the agent AND the client. There is no reason to not have both.
I'm not so sure about that. According to Vital Signs, there are 46 companies smaller than Royal Neighbors with a Best's "A" rating and 18 with an "A+" compared to their "A-".

Size alone won't doom a company to a bad rate nor will it guarantee a better rate.

I'm not so sure about that. According to Vital Signs, there are 46 companies smaller than Royal Neighbors with a Best's "A" rating and 18 with an "A+" compared to their "A-".

Size alone won't doom a company to a bad rate nor will it guarantee a better rate.

That's interesting. I always thought a company had to be huge to get an A+

What is an example of a smaller size company with an A+?

Latest posts

Back