Dividend-paying WL

A juvenile horse is a colt. A mature male is a stud or stallion. A female before she foals is a filly and afterwards is a mare. A castrated stallion is a gelding. A male ass is a Jack and a female is a jenny.

Last edited:
The strategy would be cash accumulation for the child's future. Let's say I determine that I wish to invest 100 grand into an iul. The software determines I need x amount of death benefit. Let's say I want to funnel that cash in as quick as I can without violating the seven-pay test. Would that much premium paid in that quickly be allowable on the life of a 10 year old?
I appreciate the responses.

At this age the Corridor for the Guideline Premium Test is likely to cause more problems than the 7 pay premium. This being said, you'll break the $100k into equal payments that max fund for minimum death benefit either following 7 Pay death benefit or Guideline Death Benefit. The parent's assets and coverage is going to dictate what sort of death benefit you can place on the child. My guess would be you'd be ok with something in the 5-ish k per year range, this is one of those areas where a pre-paid premium account could be really attractive. There's also the SPIA idea, which typically isn't extremely attractive. There's also structured cash flows, but the duration is probably too long for that to be a great idea.

The one thing to keep in mind about minimum funding is that withdrawals in the first 15 years may not be possible as it'll be subject to the 15 year force out rule. Loans should be no problem, just a friendly FYI.

So totally doable.

Regarding possible companies...

I'd look at Penn Mutual, Lincoln, and Minnesota Life. All three have superlative cash accumulation focused IUL's.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A juvenile horse is a colt. A mature male is a stud or stallion. A female before she foals is a filly and afterwards is a mare. A castrated stallion is a gelding. A male ass is a Jack and a female is jenny.

I think I'm going to start referring to juvenile cases as "Colt Policies." Sounds more bad-ass. :1cool:

Last edited:
good luck with your 100 grand into a kids policy avoiding a MEC...... Realize there are face amount limits for kid's policies as well.

Have you got a kid or family with a 100k for a kid's policy? Or is this a pluck from my a ss for grins and giggles?

good luck with your 100 grand into a kids policy avoiding a MEC...... Realize there are face amount limits for kid's policies as well.

Have you got a kid or family with a 100k for a kid's policy? Or is this a pluck from my a ss for grins and giggles?

for grins and giggles

Yes, some of those are definitely large companies and we're probably seeing an offshoot.

For example: American Family Life Assur NY

Quack! :laugh:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Companion Life, also a NY company, can attribute some of its rating to Mutual of Omaha, its parent company. Larger companies create smaller companies domiciled in NY to open a sales channel. The larger company can continue without complying with NY restrictions, like 1st year commissions.

If my main company is not suitable with my client i use our brokerage to run me quote they come back with multiple illustrations

Back