Does Your Commission Come from the Company, or IMO?

Thanks Lee. ---------- Mass is one of the more expensive GUL policies in NY for healthy people in their 50s unless you're under 100k face.

Ok, my experience is with under 100k, since my business is geared towards final expense.

Which GUL companies are competitive in NY?

I would never assign commissions regardless of what I was "promised". I became an independent agent for a reason.

I have been in this business way to long to pursue any kind of "offer" where 100% of my money doesn't come directly from the insurance company.

I know agents may find this hard to believe but there are people in this industry who sometimes fail to follow through on statements they have made. Is that a nice way to put it?

Yes, I am "holding back". :D

How do I become independent instead of going thru and IMO??

----------

How do I start out independent? I don't want to assign ANY commissions to a IMO?

How do I become independent instead of going thru and IMO??

----------

How do I start out independent? I don't want to assign ANY commissions to a IMO?
You'll get better contracts going through an IMO and no production requirements for most IMO's. Some carriers will contract with you directly if you want but you will possible have production requirements to maintain your appointment.

I would never assign commissions regardless of what I was "promised". I became an independent agent for a reason.

I have been in this business way to long to pursue any kind of "offer" where 100% of my money doesn't come directly from the insurance company.

I know agents may find this hard to believe but there are people in this industry who sometimes fail to follow through on statements they have made. Is that a nice way to put it?

Yes, I am "holding back". :D

Can you email me at [email protected]
I want to know how to go independent straight the carriers vs using these IMO's

----------

Ya American Amicable has some great stuff, high commission, and your commission would go straight to you.

Occasionally you will find carriers that WON"T contract with agents directly they only want to contract with IMO/FMO. That can be OK, IF you have a release signed by the IMO saying you can leave anytime, AND IF they pay you Street or higher.

I'm fine using IMO's even if they only pay me street. I like the ability to call them and have them run quotes for me on the fly or talk to a client for me occasionally, or be my personal assistant and fill out contracts for me and send me quotes, allowing me to focus on getting more clients.

Do your research on your IMO though. Make sure they pay a fair commission and they will release you anytime.

Finally an IMO might not want to work with you if you don't sign a contract with them and THAT IS OK too. They normally pay you street and get a little something extra, because they have hundreds of agents and produce policies in bulk. Your commission is usually the same and they do a bunch of extra work for you. They might not want to do a bunch of work for you and then you place the business directly with the carrier because then they get 0$.

What is street?

Back