Dont Understand Life Insurance Jobs

Corrections, I said I do not know everything and if I do not know I ask. Good for you to be in this business for so long. Be humble to learn and you can be taught, you can learn from anyone young or old. If you think you know everything then there's is no need to keep harassing me and telling me what you know if you are so confident in what you know. I couldn't agree with you more, I thought you said you have been in the business for 10 years, not 40 years. Must be Alzheimer kicking in, I see. Good luck to you.

How is recommending being independent and working at WFG working out for you?

Thanks everyone for your input. I don't know really how to reply to all of this.
I know its a lot of hard to when you open your own business and it takes time to establish your self and your name. I have my pc license going on 8 years now and I wanted to make it big, by myself. so I got my life and health got Covered CA Certified. Didn't do any research of how to sell them then I opened up my own location thinking all I need was one life policy a month and ill be fine. ALL IM SAYING IS DONT LISTEN TO YOUR WIFE!!!

THANK YOU ALL

How is recommending being independent and working at WFG working out for you?

It's working out well for me, it's a good place to start for me, and I'm happy with the support I get from the companies and the providers. I personally do not like to recruit at all, so I do personal sells. However, I've been able to find individuals here that are a good support and are helping me build a foundation and being independent I can take my book of business with me should I ever decide to leave the company or sell my book of business. I prefer it this way because I do not want to be a captive agent and leave my clients in the hands or someone who I do not trust. There are bad eggs in WFG don't get me wrong, but in business there will be bad eggs in every industry regardless, but here I don't have a boss and I can pick and choose who I work with rather than have to listen to a boss or someone I do not trust. And you work your way up to 82% commission, if you are in Canada you actually can cap at 120% commission, I'm not sure how it works in Canada since they have a different system of payouts, and there bonus pools as well and incentives such as trips to Hawaii, Thailand, and Singapore, Japan, etc.

The pros: you can own your book of clients/business, you are not limited to providers or products like captive agents, and you can easily help clients out of state, there's no quota so you work, you get paid.

The cons: the only con is that you pay for your own license, and it's commission-based, however from what I have seen, even if you're a captive agent there's not many salary-based position. There may be some but not many and if there are, it's tough quotas and that's too much stress on the agent.

It's working out well for me, it's a good place to start for me, and I'm happy with the support I get from the companies and the providers. I personally do not like to recruit at all, so I do personal sells. However, I've been able to find individuals here that are a good support and are helping me build a foundation and being independent I can take my book of business with me should I ever decide to leave the company or sell my book of business. I prefer it this way because I do not want to be a captive agent and leave my clients in the hands or someone who I do not trust. There are bad eggs in WFG don't get me wrong, but in business there will be bad eggs in every industry regardless, but here I don't have a boss and I can pick and choose who I work with rather than have to listen to a boss or someone I do not trust. And you work your way up to 82% commission, if you are in Canada you actually can cap at 120% commission, I'm not sure how it works in Canada since they have a different system of payouts, and there bonus pools as well and incentives such as trips to Hawaii, Thailand, and Singapore, Japan, etc.

The pros: you can own your book of clients/business, you are not limited to providers or products like captive agents, and you can easily help clients out of state, there's no quota so you work, you get paid.

The cons: the only con is that you pay for your own license, and it's commission-based, however from what I have seen, even if you're a captive agent there's not many salary-based position. There may be some but not many and if there are, it's tough quotas and that's too much stress on the agent.

I have many Asian clients that have been sucked into the con. Takes me a while to undo the damage. Most of the time it was a fellow Asian that sucked them in.

I am an in dependent agent. If they were a good option I would have picked them up. They appear to me to be another MLM where the new meat loses.

I have many Asian clients that have been sucked into the con. Takes me a while to undo the damage. Most of the time it was a fellow Asian that sucked them in.

I am an in dependent agent. If they were a good option I would have picked them up. They appear to me to be another MLM where the new meat loses.[/say what?.....

Say what?...................

. And you work your way up to 82% commission,and there bonus pools as well and incentives such as trips to Hawaii, Thailand, and Singapore, Japan, etc.

Geez.. if you work your way up to 82% commission, what level are you at now?

If someone has enough experience to know what they are doing, how much Kool Aid do they have to drink to think that is fair deal?.. You can go almost any where and get 100%+ immediately and still have all those things you mention.

Also, you state, "you CAN own your book" Does that mean you or some others don't own their book. A true independent owns their book from Day 1.

Geez.. if you work your way up to 82% commission, what level are you at now?

If someone has enough experience to know what they are doing, how much Kool Aid do they have to drink to think that is fair deal?.. You can go almost any where and get 100%+ immediately and still have all those things you mention.

Also, you state, "you CAN own your book" Does that mean you or some others don't own their book. A true independent owns their book from Day 1.

So you can eventually work your way up to what amounts to what a street or sub-street level contract, something anyone without proof of production can do if they don't sign up for one of the MLM groups and have the heirarcy suck up all that extra commission.

Back