Don't Work With Pinney Insurance

There's always going to be complaints against different Bga's and Imo's. Chris Westphal did a whole segment how Amerilife screwed him then supposedly turned around and screwed Ben Boman. Everyone has complaints. Pinney had a connection with a carrier that helped me place a case most imo's couldn't have done. So my experience was good.Obviously I assure you there's somebody on this board that will badmouth every Imo. If Pinney did that its wrong but i'm just voicing my experience was good.

There's always going to be complaints against different Bga's and Imo's. Chris Westphal did a whole segment how Amerilife screwed him then supposedly turned around and screwed Ben Boman. Everyone has complaints. Pinney had a connection with a carrier that helped me place a case most imo's couldn't have done. So my experience was good.Obviously I assure you there's somebody on this board that will badmouth every Imo. If Pinney did that its wrong but i'm just voicing my experience was good.

You've had ONE experience with them. Jeff has six years and millions of dollars of production with them. If they'll do this to a guy who has likely made them hundreds of thousands of dollars, that speaks volumes. So forgive me if I place more credence on Jeff's experience than yours.

When you put it that way, why does this remind me of Stephen Sawtelle and Waddell & Reed?

Stephen B. Sawtelle v. Waddell & Reed, Inc. et al. | Liddle & Robinson, L.L.P. - New York Lawyers

He was their #1 broker, and they hung him out to dry. But he prevailed in court with a $27+ million dollar settlement.

----------

I don't expect top producing brokers to require "special treatment" or to skirt the law or anything like that... but if they'll treat their top guys this way, you don't know how they'll treat you - regardless of where you land on their production hierarchy.

When you put it that way, why does this remind me of Stephen Sawtelle and Waddell & Reed?

Stephen B. Sawtelle v. Waddell & Reed, Inc. et al. | Liddle & Robinson, L.L.P. - New York Lawyers

He was their #1 broker, and they hung him out to dry. But he prevailed in court with a $27+ million dollar settlement.

----------

I don't expect top producing brokers to require "special treatment" or to skirt the law or anything like that... but if they'll treat their top guys this way, you don't know how they'll treat you - regardless of where you land on their production hierarchy.

What I find interesting in the case you cited is the damages awarded during arbitration were overturned more than once. I thought the whole purpose of arbitration was to come to a conclusion and avoid a trial. While he didn't get the $25 million in punitive damages, I was glad to see he eventually got nearly one third of that amount in addition to the lost earnings and attorney's fees.

What I find interesting in the case you cited is the damages awarded during arbitration were overturned more than once. I thought the whole purpose of arbitration was to come to a conclusion and avoid a trial. While he didn't get the $25 million in punitive damages, I was glad to see he eventually got nearly one third of that amount in addition to the lost earnings and attorney's fees.

I didn't see any mention of Torchmark. They still owned Waddell and Reed when he was terminated.

It's easy to understand why experiences with IMO's are great when they're trying to bring you on board.. or when you have an ongoing relationship with them and they're trying to keep your business... now when you decide to take your business elsewhere and they're losing a lot of it.. that will tell you a lot about their character..

I"m not accusing Pinney here since I don't know exactly what happened... but it would not surprise me one bit that they would do this to a producer..

It does surprise me however that they did it to Jroot who has an online presence that could in turn damage their reputation ... from what the forum members say .. it seems like JRoot had a lot to do with that reputation ..

I wonder how the other guys who left Pinney feel.. . there were a few of them on this forum

----------

If you aren't producing a lot you will probably be OK as they will have no reason to be jealous of your earnings. Beware of stirring up the green eyed monster.

I completely agree about going direct, if a company does not what to contract me direct I would rather not do business with them. However I will place cases with an IMO but it's always the crap I can't of won't place with my primary companies.

The concept of IMO and all variations of it baffles me. If you are a new agent and need help they may have a place but the experienced agent should have a choice to either deal with an IMO or deal direct.

Back