Door-to-door Flyer Design. Need Feedback.

Hey guys, new agent with previous sales experience here.

So I'm starting some door-to-door flyer drops, but I'm working a (new?) different angle on it. I'm printing off my own using the nice office printer, but want to get some feedback on the actual flyer design and text.

I can't post links yet, but it's imgur slash 97tjH2y.jpg for a link to the flyer.

So there's the first iteration. The goal is to just get something out that people will read. That's all I want. If they read it, someone will call. I watched a few people spend 30 seconds staring at the paper after I left (letting me know they read it) or even crack a joke as I was walking past their house.

Has anyone ever tried something like this? How did it work?

For those of you reporting .05% success, can you link me to a flyer design that worked for you?

Hey guys, new agent with previous sales experience here. So I'm starting some door-to-door flyer drops, but I'm working a (new?) different angle on it. I'm printing off my own using the nice office printer, but want to get some feedback on the actual flyer design and text. I can't post links yet, but it's imgur slash 97tjH2y.jpg for a link to the flyer. So there's the first iteration. The goal is to just get something out that people will read. That's all I want. If they read it, someone will call. I watched a few people spend 30 seconds staring at the paper after I left (letting me know they read it) or even crack a joke as I was walking past their house. Has anyone ever tried something like this? How did it work? For those of you reporting .05% success, can you link me to a flyer design that worked for you?

You will have more success skipping the flyer and knocking on the doors and talking to the people. Or knock with the flyer in hand.

There is no flyer good enough to get enough people to call and buy to get you above minimum wage.

Sticking flyers around is called avoidance behavior. Talking to the people is what you must do to succeed.

Here's my opinion:

I like the humorous point you're trying to make in your 4th bullet... but I'd use a graphic of a pack of matches, instead of an AIL logo. (BTW, typically to use a company logo, you need to send the item to compliance, but I may be over-reacting.)

Flyers that you are leaving behind... you should ask a series bullet-point questions. Let the flyer "be you" asking the questions and inviting them to call you.

(That doesn't mean it'll work... unless you're handing out 1000's of them. You can find people to leave them at doors. Just ask your local pizza delivery store who they use.)

Flyers that make bullet-point statements (like what you have) are great "talking points". Put them in the cover of a 3-ring binder and knock on some doors. Introduce yourself, then shift the focus to the "talking points" of who you are and what you do.

For "talking points", I'll share with you what Combined Insurance did. They used an outline they called the "4-block".

They start out by saying "In 5 minutes, I can show you how you can get cash paid directly to you. It's quick, easy, and hassle free. Let me show you."

Then the "4-block" says things like:
- Up to $5,000 per month if you are disabled and cannot work (DI)
- Up to $100,000 to your family if you pass away (LI)
- Up to $50,000 if you are diagnosed with a serious illness (Critical Illness)
- Up to $5,000 in the event of an accident (Accident or Hospital Indemnity)

"Of these programs, which would you like to learn more about?"

Then you open your binder and show them the program they just told you they were interested in, quote them, and sell the coverage.

Please don't waste the ink in your printer if you are going to drop and run.

You need to knock , hand them the flyer and initiate some dialogue however brief. Been there done that for FE, renters, med sup, etc, learned my lesson. I thought my flyers were awesome, however the response rate wasn't.

Talk to them.

If I were going to use a flyer, I would want something along the line of SNL's door hanger.. It has product info, call to action and a detachable business reply card..Many people are more likely to send in a card than pick up a phone and call.

Back