Down Syndrome Insurance

I know baltimore life is individual consideration, they do a 20 pay w/l policy that is great for burial expenses.

Not sure on term or UL carriers. It would help people immensely to know what you're looking for specifically, because underwriting can vary by not only carrier but also product line so you're asking for a giant list of answers.

I have a client who is a 36-year old male with Down's Syndrome. His parents want a FE policy for him with 10-pay, so of course I'm going with Settlers. My question is, can his mom do the POS interview with him (or for him)? I don't like putting folks with all their faculties through those things; I certainly wouldn't want to put someone with Down's Syndrome through it. His mom has POA, btw. Would I need to email her POA papers to Settlers first, or can she just go on the phone and say she has Power-of-Attorney for him? Thanks in advance.

I have a client who is a 36-year old male with Down's Syndrome. His parents want a FE policy for him with 10-pay, so of course I'm going with Settlers. My question is, can his mom do the POS interview with him (or for him)? I don't like putting folks with all their faculties through those things; I certainly wouldn't want to put someone with Down's Syndrome through it. His mom has POA, btw. Would I need to email her POA papers to Settlers first, or can she just go on the phone and say she has Power-of-Attorney for him? Thanks in advance.

You should be good to go as long as his mom has POA or legal guardianship. I believe you'd just send the papers in with the app.

----------

Male 27 with down syndrome, insurable? If so, which ones?

Thank you,

BR

Settlers Silver(If 25 or older, Legal guardian can do PHI for insured), Sentinel Security(Level if can do POS PHI, decline if can’t), Standard Life & Accident(Insured doesn’t have to do PHI, but has to be able to do some ADL’s) are a few possibilities

Similar question to one I have. So I am resurrecting this old question.

Male, 60 yrs old with "mental retardation" but in otherwise good health. He does have a caretaker and the family has a POA. NS

I asked and was told that he can understand basic questions but I'm not sure exactly what his level of understanding is. Plus I would hate to be there for hours.

If I understand this correctly the family or caretaker can do the POS for them and send in the paperwork for that.

I was thinking of doing MOO, which often does not require a POS but they always seem to with me.

Similar question to one I have. So I am resurrecting this old question.

Male, 60 yrs old with "mental retardation" but in otherwise good health. He does have a caretaker and the family has a POA. NS

I asked and was told that he can understand basic questions but I'm not sure exactly what his level of understanding is. Plus I would hate to be there for hours.

If I understand this correctly the family or caretaker can do the POS for them and send in the paperwork for that.

I was thinking of doing MOO, which often does not require a POS but they always seem to with me.

Settler's Silver. GWIC if no changes in treatment in the last 2 years. ADL's may still come into play with either company though....of that I'm not sure.

Back