Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum

Reply to Drug/alcohol Use - Rehab Question     
Old 08-24-2017, 09:56 PM   #11
Guru
LGilmore on Drug/alcohol Use - Rehab Question

State: LGilmore is an Insurance Agent from Washington
LGilmore is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Drug/alcohol Use - Rehab Question Re: Drug/alcohol Use - Rehab Question
Good point. thing is though he doesn't have to tell them either. Haven't come across a rehab place in WA that won't take a client until their coverage is gone. Some actually set their price on how much coverage the plan has.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Drug/alcohol Use - Rehab Question
Old 08-25-2017, 12:10 AM   #12
Super Genius

State: NewbieNewbie is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
Drug/alcohol Use - Rehab Question Re: Drug/alcohol Use - Rehab Question
Originally Posted by LGilmore View Post
Congrats, I have no idea what you're really saying here. Sort of a skim of the posts and what the hell, throw something out there?

the OP's person in question was a young person who appears to be a binge partier. They are considering rehab which is usually what some adults do when they find out their kid parties hard. He made no mention of 12 years of substance abuse. I mentioned a client of mine who did rehab 12 years prior for alcohol. Had he not gone to rehab, yea, would have been at least preferred based on everything else. Thanks for reading
Underwriters treat rehab quite differently than I screwed around too much. It generally gets treated as addiction or dependence. Right or wrong it does. I have written a few I screwed around to much people to success. And I have tried to write several I am one year sober from rehab but do not go to a or na to failure.

I should have been more specific. This is my experience and I should have been more forthcoming and less short. My apologies.

Last edited by NewbieNewbie; 08-25-2017 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:15 AM   #13
Guru

State: pfg1 is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
pfg1 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Drug/alcohol Use - Rehab Question Re: Drug/alcohol Use - Rehab Question pfg1 is the thread starter for: Drug/alcohol Use - Rehab Question

Thanks for the input folks!

----------

And fwiw, in this case... this young person definitely can use it. As bad as it can be insurability wise for them in the future (which I agree is pretty tough on folks many times, but I understand) I believe this is the best thing for this person. They just can't seem to shake it the lifestyle - and best to squash it completely if possible, prior to getting into real trouble and having problems follow them the rest of their life. Its definitely not a case of family that is over reacting. Thx!
Reply to Drug/alcohol Use - Rehab Question 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum