Echosign / Docusign

wfs

Guru
100+ Post Club
Has anyone used these for life application signatures? I know that eSignatures are legal, however I wonder how compliant these are with insurance laws, let alone individual insurance company guidelines.

Each life insurance carrier has their own stance on Docusign

You can get the majority of carriers by going iGo, Marketech and Docusign.

edit: Docusign actually covers a decent amount of carriers.

Last edited:
Jeff can you expound on these.

Thanks

"iGo e-app", "Marketech" and "Docusign" are e-signature platforms approved by various life insurance companies and made available to IMO's (for a fee).

With iGo, when e-signatures are completed, it auto-submits to the carrier in good order (iGo = "in good order"), so that's the preferred method.

Some of the companies on iGo:
Assurity, AXA, Genworth, ING, John Hancock, Lincoln, Minnesota Life, MOO, Nationwide, Principal, Prudential, Transamerica.

Marketech and Docusign cover the rest of the major term life companies like Banner, Met, Protective, SBLI etc.

"iGo e-app", "Marketech" and "Docusign" are e-signature platforms approved by various life insurance companies and made available to IMO's (for a fee).

With iGo, when e-signatures are completed, it auto-submits to the carrier in good order (iGo = "in good order"), so that's the preferred method.

Some of the companies on iGo:
Assurity, AXA, Genworth, ING, John Hancock, Lincoln, Minnesota Life, MOO, Nationwide, Principal, Prudential, Transamerica.

Marketech and Docusign cover the rest of the major term life companies like Banner, Met, Protective, SBLI etc.

Do you know if all of the major carriers now allow for DocuSign?

Meaning, I usually write Transamerica, AG, Pru, Protective, Genworth, Banner, Met, John Hancock, Lincoln.

Do you happen to know if they all accept DocuSign? I tried checking DocuSign's website, but they didn't have all of those carriers listed, so I'd assume that DocuSign is not a preferred vendor of all of the carriers that I previously listed?

I'm still emailing out apps and this would drastically improve my return ratio. Thanks!

What did you find the difference was?

They have a lot more options. I just use a few of their options. I like that I don't have to save the doc to my computer first. I press print to and it goes to a holding file until I have collected all the doc's. It sends a reminder every day until they sign. I can add a date to the date line next to their name for the day they sign it. I can add an optional or mandated check mark they have to choose. I use this a lot w/ flood insurance waivers Being in a coastal state. There is more that I don't use.

They have a lot more options. I just use a few of their options. I like that I don't have to save the doc to my computer first. I press print to and it goes to a holding file until I have collected all the doc's. It sends a reminder every day until they sign. I can add a date to the date line next to their name for the day they sign it. I can add an optional or mandated check mark they have to choose. I use this a lot w/ flood insurance waivers Being in a coastal state. There is more that I don't use.

Thanks.

Back