End Stage Renal Disease

I spoke with a prospect today who was recently diagnosed with end stage kidney disease-dob 5/1987 male, he is currently doing dialysis and he is on the transplant list. He is on blood pressure meds and that's it. Fortunately he is still working so he has some coverage through his employer--but of curse he would like more. What companies if any have you had success with? Please let me know!
Thanks!

This person will forever only be eligible for guaranteed issue. He's young so his options are super limited. I don't even know which company would take him at that age.

Good luck

This person will forever only be eligible for guaranteed issue. He's young so his options are super limited. I don't even know which company would take him at that age.

Good luck

Gerber and AIG are out. GWIC?

For some odd reason I want to say American Amicable ROP plan. I guess it all depends on what caused the end stage renal disease (most agents would assume diabetes but I would double check on that).

Last edited:
Gerber and AIG are out. GWIC?

For some odd reason I want to say American Amicable ROP plan. I guess it all depends on what caused the end stage renal disease (most agents would assume diabetes but I would double check on that).

Association plan or pre-need is probably it.

I doubt ESRD in a 30 year old is diabetes, that is very young to have such serious complications. Just guessing, but it is either environmental or he lost in the genetic lottery.

Association plan or pre-need is probably it.

I doubt ESRD in a 30 year old is diabetes, that is very young to have such serious complications. Just guessing, but it is either environmental or he lost in the genetic lottery.

That is what I was thinking. I'm not going to jump immediately to Diabetes (not in the original post) but I think most agents do. Given he's also taking HBP meds that is a knockout for nearly everyone.

So what caused the ESRD?

His age is the big problem. Poor guy I feel bad for him.

So what caused the ESRD?

could be dehydration as that can really damage the kidneys. Nephew had this happen when he was early 20's as a marine. I did it in the hospital to myself without knowing I did it. Kidney function fell off the table because I was not taking in enough liquids. I am stage 3 and now drink about 10 pounds of water a day to improve function.

No, kidney transplants have been insurable for a long time....at least on paper. Not too many people buying Table H from Pru, especially given how their table ratings work!

Back