Epolicypro.com

Blessed

Expert
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone heard of epolicypro.com. They claim to sell mortgage protection policies over the phone. Has anyone dealt with them yet? How is doing business with working out?

The guy who runs this also has policy shopper dot com. It seems like he sells health insurance there and does web conferencing sort of like our own Daytona Guy. I checked the FL DOI and he's appointed only with health carriers here in Florida. I would think if he sold life insurance (MP) nationally, that he would have appointments here in FL.

He's linked-in with a couple well-respected guys who frequent here (Mark Seghers/Nic West) and seems like someone who has a pretty good record of doing many different things over the years. He doesn't seem like a fly-by-night guy and I would think he has the resources and abilities to develop his epolicypro site.

Of course, I have no idea so this was just basic research so take it FWIW.

Last edited:
They want agents to pay $475 at the beginning for exclusive 15 leads. Is anyone on the forum appointed by them?

----------

Thank you Steve for the research.

I've been trying to find out more about this outfit too. I got as far as the email allowing me to see how the compensation works and what companies they have access to. The encourage you to get appointed with Assurity first because of their simplified underwriting and quick issue of policies. The way they do things seems to make sense but I haven't moved forward with them. Before I commit to paying the $475, I would like to talk with someone who is actually doing business with them and it seems like it's impossible to find anybody. That makes me uncomfortable. If there is anyone on the forum doing business with them, please reach out!

Same here too.

I am waiting to see who is now working with them and know how they are doing.

I too have been wondering and reviewed epolicypro's entire 5 page spread on how to enroll and what to expect. So I tried doing some due diligence of my own. Here is a copy of the email I sent to Warren Roche earlier today. I still have not received a response. I will post it if or when I do. I could be wrong but there are some very peculiar things about epolicypro that are burning my nose hairs. See below.

Hi Warren,

You responded to my email cover letter today and I have since been through the entire epolicypro website, reviewed all of the contracting info, commission structures, etc, Before I pull the trigger I have a couple of quick questions about the company that I hope you might be willing to shed some light on.

1) Is epolicypro registered with the Better Business Bureau? And if so would you please email me a link? I couldn't find any record of it on their website.

2) Epolicypro seems to have a monopoly on Google's search engine. Frankly, I have never seen anything quite like it. You most certainly do cross all your T's and dot all your I's! No matter what search terms I put in, like "epolicypro reviews" or "epolicypro scam alert" (Nothing personal but I, too, like to cross all my T's and dot all my I's) the only thing that comes up is page after page ad infinitum of links to your website, with the same ad words under each search heading, for every job name and subset known to man. Can you please shed some light on this?

I literally can't find anything good or bad about epolicypro, which in and of itself gives me pause. Before I PayPal anyone $475 and engage in any type of binding contract, I need to have a way of doing my due diligence to have a good sense of what I am getting into, which mysteriously seems to be an impossibility unique to epolicypro.

Perhaps I am missing something? Please advise. Thanks!

Last edited:
That is a GREAT email! I agree with you. I have never seen a company so difficult to research on the internet. Please post any reply you get from Warren.

See Warren Roche's email response below. I have put his specific responses to each section of my email in bold. You can draw your own conclusions. Personally, I have been burned before... on more than one occasion, so let's just say I'm a little extra cautious these days.

I would very much like to hear thoughts, reactions, concerns or lack thereof, insights, etc. from anyone on the board who would like to share them. So feel free to chime in!

Hi Eric!

Following are my responses incorporated into your email below:

Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 5:25 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Before I pull the trigger...

Hi Warren,

You responded to my email cover letter today and I have since been through the entire epolicypro website, reviewed all of the contracting info, commission structures, etc, Before I pull the trigger I have a couple of quick questions about the company that I hope you might be willing to shed some light on.

1) Is epolicypro registered with Better Business Bureau? And if so would you please email me a link? I couldn't find any record of it on their website.

As stated on the contact page of the website, epolicypro.com is a wholly owned subsidiary of my company, Colorado Protection, LLC. We have owned epolicypro.com since 2008.

We will NEVER, EVER be a member of the Better Business Bureau, which I consider to be a form of small business extortion. However, if someone wanted to register a complaint with the BBB the target business of the complaint need not be a member to register said complaint.

That said, I have been in the insurance business since 2003, incorporated in Colorado since 2005 and have been training licensed insurance agents nationwide on how to sell insurance policies over the phone and via internet web conference since 2007. If I were in the business of screwing people that would be a widely publicized fact by now, not only through complaints to the BBB but other sources as well.

2) Epolicypro seems to have a monopoly on Google's search engine. Frankly, I have never seen anything quite like it. You most certainly do cross all your T's and dot all your I's! No matter what search terms I put in, like "epolicypro reviews" or "epolicypro scam alert" (Nothing personal but I, too, like to cross all my T's and dot all my I's) the only thing that comes up is page after page ad infinitum of links to your website, with the same ad words under each search heading, with every job name and subset known to man. Can you please shed some light on this?

It’s not by any particular design. What you are finding are my job postings.

I literally can't find anything good or bad about epolicypro, which in and of itself gives me pause.

All I can do is speculate. It is human nature to complain about those things one is not happy with while staying silent about those things one is happy with. Beyond that I am not going to attempt to prove a negative.

Before I PayPal anyone $475 and engage in any type of binding contract, I need to have a way to do my due diligence and have a good sense of what I am getting into, which mysteriously seems to be an impossibility unique to epolicypro.

Eric, let me give you a glimpse of things from my side of the equation. In the last 2 weeks 14 new agents have signed on with epolicypro.com. Of that number half didn’t feel the need to speak with me before doing so. They just sent over their contracting and their payment. Of the group who signed up in the first of the last two weeks many have started taking their first set of leads, calling them and writing business. You can be skeptical all you want and you are certainly entitled to your skepticism. But remember, I didn’t come to you. It is you who came to me. And, it would appear, only when you are asked to cover your startup expenses do you smell a potential “rat”. Well, I’m not a rat and you’re just going to have to take my word on that. In addition, if you think risking $475 to build your business is a great deal of money let me make this very easy for you. DON’T DO THIS!

As stated on the website, just because you have a valid insurance license and a pulse and, yes, even $475, doesn’t mean you qualify to work with us. I only wish to work with people who I perceive have a reasonable chance at being successful. There are some people who I will characterize as being “professional skeptics”. Those people run everything through their own personal “truth meter”. They tend to over analyze everything and are successful at nothing. There are other people who see a concept for what it is, are inspired by and run with it. They don’t spend all their time trying to poke holes in it but, rather, on how to continually improve upon it. Those are the people who tend to be consistently successful.

I will also state for the record that I would never have been one of the 7 agents who, over the last couple of weeks, signed up without speaking with someone first. The fact is if you and I are to have a shot at making my business model successful for YOU it would require a form of “synergy” to exist between the two of us. In other words, if when I speak LIGHT BULBS go off in your head that would be a good thing. If they do not then you shouldn’t sign up to work with me if we were giving it away! So here is what gives me “pause” about YOU! The fact that you chose to send me this rather well thought out email before ever attempting a phone conversation with me. We are, after all, telephone sales people, are we not? I have been in telephone sales since 1982. I know from experience there are few things more intimate than being in someone’s ear AND the fact that the telephone is a fabulous lie detector!

Perhaps I am missing something? Please advise. Thanks!

Here is what I would say you are missing. In my opinion your first order of priority is to get me ON THE PHONE! If those LIGHT BULBS aren’t going off it makes all the rest of your questions rather moot, wouldn’t you say? If they do go off I expect you will know what to do.

Therefore, I am going to ask you now to definitely NOT sign up with epolicypro.com without speaking with me first! If you do I will instantly return your money and your contracting will not be processed. If you choose not to have that conversation let me wish you all the best of luck.

It’s a good thing The United States Navy taught me how to type 85 words per minute, isn’t it?

Thanks for your interest and your inquiry!

Warren Roche
Managing Director

Warren did reply. Tried to post it just now and apparently it's been flagged for review prior to posting. Be interesting to see if it is deemed post-worthy or not.

Back