Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum

Reply to Family First Life IMO     
Old 05-19-2017, 03:53 AM   #1

State: cwhittemore is an Insurance Agent from
Family First Life IMO Family First Life IMO
Anyone work for or have any experience with Family First? Same business model as Symmetry and Equis but start out at 80% commission and max out at 140%. Shocked when they told me their best leads push $60 per. Also don't have to sign contract (not sure if that's good or bad thing). They don't own their mail house (also not sure if good or bad thing but may explain high cost of lead). Really like the IMO business model but struggling to choose company. Didn't get best vibe from Equis, like Symmetry but 60% concerns me and don't know enough about Family First. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Family First Life IMO
Old 05-19-2017, 06:22 AM   #2
Guru
Newby on Family First Life IMO

State: Newby is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
Newby is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Family First Life IMO Re: Family First Life IMO
Originally Posted by cwhittemore View Post
Anyone work for or have any experience with Family First? Same business model as Symmetry and Equis but start out at 80% commission and max out at 140%. Shocked when they told me their best leads push $60 per. Also don't have to sign contract (not sure if that's good or bad thing). They don't own their mail house (also not sure if good or bad thing but may explain high cost of lead). Really like the IMO business model but struggling to choose company. Didn't get best vibe from Equis, like Symmetry but 60% concerns me and don't know enough about Family First. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Those commissions are very low and that lead cost is very high.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:28 AM   #3

State: LScofield is an Insurance Agent from
Hi. So the leads being that high only, is the farthest from the truth. I have been with FFL for 2 years and have run my production on new leads from 3$ to $54 a pc. I also receive extremely high compensation for the business I write, so the lead cost is IRRELEVANT. I Had never been in insurance before. all of my training was free and I finished top ten out of over 800 agents. You don't have to sign any contracts because you aren't captive. So if you want to leave, you just get released. There is no 6 month waiting period to be released like every single other place requires. Also, the leads are exclusive to you. We also have access several lead vendors.
One other thing, we are being bonuses an additional 8% on top of already high comp right now. Just. For. Fun. Lol!

Any other questions I will be more than happy to personally answer.
Leslie.lshfinancial at gmail.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:54 PM   #4
Guru
Broker4Ever on Family First Life IMO

State: Broker4Ever is an Insurance Agent from California
Comp level & lead cost is important but not as important as training & support. I started at an agency with 60% contracts. I didn't make much money while I was there BUT since I got such great training I am still in the biz full time.

If you can find someone to mentor you & spend a lot of time with you & you make 6 figures for the rest of your life... how much is that mentorship worth?

Michael Kruzich
Organizer of Random Thoughts and Erratic Activity at EFES
Instagram: @michaelkruzich
Add Me On LinkedIn
Old 05-23-2017, 08:03 PM   #5
Guru
Mattschmidt on Family First Life IMO

State: Mattschmidt is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
Mattschmidt is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by Broker4Ever View Post
Comp level & lead cost is important but not as important as training & support. I started at an agency with 60% contracts. I didn't make much money while I was there BUT since I got such great training I am still in the biz full time.

If you can find someone to mentor you & spend a lot of time with you & you make 6 figures for the rest of your life... how much is that mentorship worth?
You also don't reply to phone messages, email messages or Text messages.

I don't think you should ever mention Mentorship or try recruiting. Especially on an open forum

www.diabeteslifesolutions.com
Old 05-24-2017, 03:57 PM   #6
Super Genius

State: jensing0406 is an Insurance Agent from
Originally Posted by cwhittemore View Post
I heard Ben Boman at Efes is hiring starting at much higher contracts with fixed lead costs. I've worked for Shawn Meaike when he was over at NAA. I watch him take peoples teams from under them, promise the world and offer nothing. He's just like Andy Albright, only cares about himself
Old 05-25-2017, 04:47 AM   #7

State: ozoneinsuria is an Insurance Agent from
Yes i also think the same
Old 05-25-2017, 08:32 AM   #8
Guru

State: NSRH is an Insurance Agent from Missouri
Anything below 100% commission should either be a significantly reduced lead if not a totally "free" lead platform.

To be at an 80% comp with $60 leads can be a formula for disaster.

What kind of leads run that high anyway?

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
-Mark Twain
Old 05-26-2017, 03:11 AM   #9
Guru
Broker4Ever on Family First Life IMO

State: Broker4Ever is an Insurance Agent from California
Originally Posted by Mattschmidt View Post
You also don't reply to phone messages, email messages or Text messages.

I don't think you should ever mention Mentorship or try recruiting. Especially on an open forum
Matt, you're a smart guy, right? You were trying to buy leads from me when I'm not a lead vendor. I know you're mad I wouldn't sell any to you but there's no reason to compare apples to oranges.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:20 AM   #10
Super Genius

State: jensing0406 is an Insurance Agent from
Are you guys both with FFL?
Reply to Family First Life IMO 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum