FE Telesales Vs Term Life Telesales

Surancedawg

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
So I wonder which of these is less difficult to do successfully?

FE obviously is less complicated and you can get off to a fast start, but if you are paid strictly on commission the chargebacks are going to eat you alive.

I don't have enough experience with term life to speculate about persistency, but I'd be interested to know how it compares for term life telesales to FE telesales. Since term tends to pay lower commissions, I would imagine it requires a much greater volume of sales to come out ahead.

i would say FE is tougher because the fe client is typically not as tech savvy.. term is tough because there is a lot of competition..

i would say FE is tougher because the fe client is typically not as tech savvy.. term is tough because there is a lot of competition..

Well most FE telesales apps use voice sigs these days; so no need to send an email for the clients to return their typed signature. They don't really need to be tech savvy.

Term life clients seem to be more prosperous, so maybe that makes their business stick better even when sold over the phone. The down side of that is, they are probably more likely to be shoppers who just demand "email me something" and hang up before you can explain that it doesn't work that way.

Good analogy. FE folks aren't tech savvy. They can't even figure out how to use that phone thangy on the wall. Lol

Just busting your chops.

Telesales can be done either way. I am a FE guy and see it happen daily. I can tell you it is a full time job. M-F 8 to 5. No joke

Good analogy. FE folks aren't tech savvy. They can't even figure out how to use that phone thangy on the wall. Lol

Just busting your chops.

Telesales can be done either way. I am a FE guy and see it happen daily. I can tell you it is a full time job. M-F 8 to 5. No joke

Indy, you're doin FE telesales now?

FE obviously is less complicated and you can get off to a fast start, but if you are paid strictly on commission the chargebacks are going to eat you alive.

I don't have enough experience with term life to speculate about persistency, but I'd be interested to know how it compares for term life telesales to FE telesales. Since term tends to pay lower commissions, I would imagine it requires a much greater volume of sales to come out ahead.

Are you looking for a telesales job (either fe or term) with a base?

That usually means less money for you, but you do get the "comfort" of steady pay.

I could refer you to a couple of places, depending on where you live, that might make sense for you.

Look up Jeff Root and Nick West. They sell both regularly.

Wait wait, they do not sell FE. They sell SIWL that is used for Final Expense (or anything else the bene wishes). So they probably do not know about cat pee.

Successful independent FE telesales agents are unicorns.

There are many, many successful independent term telesales agents.

That should be your answer.

I do both over the phone. And if you think that FE is less complicated, you are incorrect.

The prospects are entirely different then people looking for Term. It's a completely different type of sale.

I personally think the FE is more of a grind then the traditional life insurance prospect. It comes down to how much effort you want to put into things.

Lots of groups out there are selling all types of insurance over the phone. From term life, to disability, to FE, to Long Term Care.

I do both over the phone. And if you think that FE is less complicated, you are incorrect.

The prospects are entirely different then people looking for Term. It's a completely different type of sale.

I personally think the FE is more of a grind then the traditional life insurance prospect. It comes down to how much effort you want to put into things.

Lots of groups out there are selling all types of insurance over the phone. From term life, to disability, to FE, to Long Term Care.

Interesting because the FE niche pretty much dismiss phone sales for their potential clients.

Do you sell Diabetes Ins over the phone? Are 'lists/leads'bought from the same outlets as FE lead sources?

Latest posts

Back