Final Expense or GUL?

DiegoInsGuy

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hi I have client that is looking for 50-100k of coverage.

Has type 2 diabetes (insulin), and a high cholesterol (controlled). What do you think is the better deal for him GUL or FE?

I know the GUL requires the physical exam but not sure what the table rate will be.

Thanks,

Has type 2 diabetes (insulin), and a high cholesterol (controlled). What do you think is the better deal for him GUL or FE?

I know the GUL requires the physical exam but not sure what the table rate will be.

Thanks,

That may depend on the age of the client.

He is 54 years old

Shop the case with your GUL FMO. If you can get him approved it will be his best option for that much death benefit.
A fully underwritten WL might be better than FE also if one is OK with insulin.
FE is usually for smaller face amounts.

Thanks,

A consideration on the insulin. Is he on it due to orals not working or is it so that he can better control his numbers. A1c history will be key to underwriting. But even with a mid range table rating he could come out much better than FE. With good control, build and Non Tobacco.

Just a suggestion, if your looking for a UL because he needs more coverage, you may want to try Ameritas Life, if they do biz in your state.

I got a 42 yr old diabetic (much worse because of age) $100,000 UL table 8.

If the A1C is under good control he might be able to get a standard rate with a company like Lincoln National. Like someone else said, why is he on insulin? Is the condition getting better or worse? How long ago was he put on insulin. Standard rates on a guaranteed UL are going to be a lot less expensive than any FE/simplified-issue plan.

Back