Final Expense or Mortgage Protection POLL

What is your Primary Market? FE or MP

• Total voters
I thought FE was something you did when you had to. Was surprised to see you pick it as your main market.

No, no, I was on my phone and did not know I could pick Other. I do write much more FE than MP though. Mainly because my book and I are grayer than when I started. If I write a $500,000 term deal it may be to cover the Mortgage as well as other needs. Not just mortgage. I have not sold the MP market exclusively ever. But I have sold SIWL that happened to be used for peoples Final Expenses for over twenty years. I have sold SIWL to low income people and people that earn more than many agents on this forum. It is just a tool. Non med WL with tables built in. I did not know I was selling FE for the first ten years I was selling it. I sell Life Insurance. I am a Life Insurance agent.

Right now I am buying some FE leads, so I am writing some more of that but am cross selling almost as much fully underwritten to the extended families. Part of my goal in running the FE leads is to write the kids of these people. I need younger people in my book. It is starting to age. I have an IMO that is going to drop about 6,000 free mailers for me. I filter the bottom at $20,000. I am not looking for the SSI people. I probably will not do to much DM going forward though. It is taking me away from the money which is in my book.

If I walk into a house with crap on the floor I am executing a perfect "to the rear march". Those are Not my people.

No, no, I was on my phone and did not know I could pick Other. I do write much more FE than MP though. Mainly because my book and I are grayer than when I started. If I write a $500,000 term deal it may be to cover the Mortgage as well as other needs. Not just mortgage. I have not sold the MP market exclusively ever. But I have sold SIWL that happened to be used for peoples Final Expenses for over twenty years. I have sold SIWL to low income people and people that earn more than many agents on this forum. It is just a tool. Non med WL with tables built in. I did not know I was selling FE for the first ten years I was selling it. I sell Life Insurance. I am a Life Insurance agent. Right now I am buying some FE leads, so I am writing some more of that but am cross selling almost as much fully underwritten to the extended families. Part of my goal in running the FE leads is to write the kids of these people. I need younger people in my book. It is starting to age. I have an IMO that is going to drop about 6,000 free mailers for me. I filter the bottom at $20,000. I am not looking for the SSI people. I probably will not do to much DM going forward though. It is taking me away from the money which is in my book. If I walk into a house with crap on the floor I am executing a perfect "to the rear march". Those are Not my people.

Wino,

Hearing how you handle your business has changed mine for the better. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and wisdom on the forums

On those free mailers filtering the bottom at $20k means about 2-4 responses per /1000 but they're free.Thats $100-$200 a lead for an agent paying for those.

I didn't either, maybe that is why there is a 3rd option on the poll. lol

Seriously, now that you have chimed in, would you like to share your market?

Assuming you are primarily selling life insurance!!!:yes:

So those are the only 2 life insurance markets you are aware of then? :1rolleyes:

Seriously though, I have an old school mentality of just being a Life Insurance agent. There are areas that I focus on more than others (mainly baby boomers & business owners). But this business of just selling one particular type of life insurance policy was totally foreign to me before encountering this forum.

I was taught how to sell ALL types of policies and to first evaluate the clients situation before ever thinking about what product to sell.
Not everyone needs just FUWL, or just SIWL, or just SITerm, or just FUTerm. Not even everyone within the same demographic.

Learning how the various policies work and what situations they work best in imo is how an agent should conduct their business.

Someone who needs "mortgage protection" most likely needs "Income Protection" much more than the mortgage protection. Plus they need a little extra on top to help pay final expenses.
But in reality all 3 should be looked at as part of the same life insurance need.

All types of Life policies have their place. And I sell all types of life policies when their purpose is needed for a client.

So to answer your question, my Life Insurance market is Life Insurance. :yes:

So those are the only 2 life insurance markets you are aware of then? :1rolleyes:

Seriously though, I have an old school mentality of just being a Life Insurance agent. There are areas that I focus on more than others (mainly baby boomers & business owners). But this business of just selling one particular type of life insurance policy was totally foreign to me before encountering this forum.

I was taught how to sell ALL types of policies and to first evaluate the clients situation before ever thinking about what product to sell.
Not everyone needs just FUWL, or just SIWL, or just SITerm, or just FUTerm. Not even everyone within the same demographic.

Learning how the various policies work and what situations they work best in imo is how an agent should conduct their business.

Someone who needs "mortgage protection" most likely needs "Income Protection" much more than the mortgage protection. Plus they need a little extra on top to help pay final expenses.
But in reality all 3 should be looked at as part of the same life insurance need.

All types of Life policies have their place. And I sell all types of life policies when their purpose is needed for a client.

So to answer your question, my Life Insurance market is Life Insurance. :yes:

So, to be clear...you're an "other"?:)

On those free mailers filtering the bottom at $20k means about 2-4 responses per /1000 but they're free.Thats $100-$200 a lead for an agent paying for those.

Probably true. I am looking for the $1,000 a year burial plans not the $500. I will write the $500 but really see a difference in the referrals, cross sells and service work. I look at my book as a farm or stocked pond. I do not plant weeds or stock it with carp.

Took the wife for Ribs last night. We went to a restaurant that sold ribs, not McRibs. We stopped to buy beers after. We went to BevMo for a selection of IPAs. I feel I am fishing for brook trout I am using salmon eggs not chicken liver.

If I were an FE agent I probably would do what other FE agents do. Actually, I know I would be doing what the big dog FE guys are doing. Or a variation of what they are doing. But I lazy frail old man. I just want to pick the low hanging fruit.

Probably true. I am looking for the $1,000 a year burial plans not the $500. I will write the $500 but really see a difference in the referrals, cross sells and service work. I look at my book as a farm or stocked pond. I do not plant weeds or stock it with carp.

Took the wife for Ribs last night. We went to a restaurant that sold ribs, not McRibs. We stopped to buy beers after. We went to BevMo for a selection of IPAs. I feel I am fishing for brook trout I am using salmon eggs not chicken liver.

If I were an FE agent I probably would do what other FE agents do. Actually, I know I would be doing what the big dog FE guys are doing. Or a variation of what they are doing. But I lazy frail old man. I just want to pick the low hanging fruit.

Weeds can be very profitable.:cool:

Back