First Appointment with American General

gavros777

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hi guys, i'm new to the life insurance business and recently got appointed with American General.
My BGA contacted me to teach me how to sell, he showed me the rater on the website and then told me after that i fill out a package of forms he sent me in the mail and send it to him.

On the AGI website there's an "ag quick ticket" option(which from what it says makes the whole process much much simpler and quicker.) When i mentioned it to my BGA he was quick to refrain me from using it.
He didn't even tell me where can i find on the site more application forms to print after i use the single application he sent me in the mail which is good for only one person. He made it sound like if i need more forms he'll have to mail me more.

What do you guys think of this?

Hi guys, i'm new to the life insurance business and recently got appointed with American General.
My BGA contacted me to teach me how to sell, he showed me the rater on the website and then told me after that i fill out a package of forms he sent me in the mail and send it to him.

On the AGI website there's an "ag quick ticket" option(which from what it says makes the whole process much much simpler and quicker.) When i mentioned it to my BGA he was quick to refrain me from using it.
He didn't even tell me where can i find on the site more application forms to print after i use the single application he sent me in the mail which is good for only one person. He made it sound like if i need more forms he'll have to mail me more.

What do you guys think of this?

Sounds like you are more or less on your own. Start by making copies of eh application and forms before you use them so you will have them if you need them.

If you can access their website, then you should be able to download and print more applications.

In general, quick ticket programs are for agents who are already set up and appointed. Is everything complete for you? They may need the first app on paper before moving to that.

If you can access their website, then you should be able to download and print more applications.

In general, quick ticket programs are for agents who are already set up and appointed. Is everything complete for you? They may need the first app on paper before moving to that.

I'm already appointed and have an agent number through them. In the quick ticket option my agent number shows and i can use it if i want. I just wandered why my bga prefers his method when he mailed me only an application for one person.

I thought of scanning it and making copies but then the forms wont look as good as the ink fades away with every scan and print especially when i have to rescan an already "scanned and printed" page when completed to fax it or email back to my bga. I thought it was my scanner or printer until i changed them and the same thing happens.

I would prefer to print them directly from the site as then they will look much better and professional. I thought a big company like AGI should have the forms available(and i suspect they do) on the site to download and print any time. I wandered why my bga didn't inform me about it. Oh and here's a funny thing, in the package he mailed me there was a cd which in order to acces it i need a password. When i told him about it over the phone he talked his way out of giving me the password saying things like i don't really need that cd etc. lol

Thanks for the help guys, i appreciate it!

I can't recall any company that does not have its applications on their agent website as a PDF. They are there somewhere.

I would ask him flat out why I can't use the drop ticket and why I don't need the CD.

I can't recall any company that does not have its applications on their agent website as a PDF. They are there somewhere.

I would ask him flat out why I can't use the drop ticket and why I don't need the CD.

Because managers need to justify their existence by having agents depend on them for all sorts of little things like 2 year olds.

I'm already appointed and have an agent number through them. In the quick ticket option my agent number shows and i can use it if i want. I just wandered why my bga prefers his method when he mailed me only an application for one person.

I thought of scanning it and making copies but then the forms wont look as good as the ink fades away with every scan and print especially when i have to rescan an already "scanned and printed" page when completed to fax it or email back to my bga. I thought it was my scanner or printer until i changed them and the same thing happens.

I would prefer to print them directly from the site as then they will look much better and professional. I thought a big company like AGI should have the forms available(and i suspect they do) on the site to download and print any time. I wandered why my bga didn't inform me about it. Oh and here's a funny thing, in the package he mailed me there was a cd which in order to acces it i need a password. When i told him about it over the phone he talked his way out of giving me the password saying things like i don't really need that cd etc. lol

Thanks for the help guys, i appreciate it!

You keep the original on file and use it for the scans.. That way there is no "fading".

You keep the original on file and use it for the scans.. That way there is no "fading".

Yes, never use the "original". Just keep it to make additional copies from. With a black and white copier, you usually could write original on it in highlighter and it wouldn't show when you copy.

Or, just scan it into a PDF and print as needed.

Or even better, get access to it on the website and print or order additional copies as needed. Eventually the company will change a form and you will be SOL if you are using the older version.

If he didn't tell you something then it is no big deal. If you are indy then that is the norm so I wouldn't worry about. If you are in indy just do the quickticket and see what happens.
I am not one to step on toes but I had to learn that in sales you have to ask forgiveness not permission. Bosses, uplines, managers, have a lot on thier minds and will often times just tell you stuff just because. That is what car sales taught me. Are you indy?

Back