First Week at Western Southern Life!

Well, I took the plunge, thanks mostly to this board, and joined Western & Southern Financial Group. You guys were right about them standing on you like your an 9-5 hourly employee, BUT besides that every thing is going fantastic. The new contract is outstanding, and my managers spend time with me daily to help me stay on track....

SO..... Drum roll please....first week in the business and I made $3600.00, with most of my appointments coming this week or after Christmas! I think I may have found a home!!! anyways, thanks to everyone for the guidance, merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!!!

Well, I took the plunge, thanks mostly to this board, and joined Western & Southern Financial Group. You guys were right about them standing on you like your an 9-5 hourly employee, BUT besides that every thing is going fantastic. The new contract is outstanding, and my managers spend time with me daily to help me stay on track....

SO..... Drum roll please....first week in the business and I made $3600.00, with most of my appointments coming this week or after Christmas! I think I may have found a home!!! anyways, thanks to everyone for the guidance, merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!!!

Way to go!! I tip my hat off to you. Feels good don't it.

no...they advanced me that, into my bank, but with the sales bonus and direct pay, my first week check should be about 1200 of it.... but the big deal is most of my sales have been set up for this week...

My background is in industrial, and those people love our critical illness packages... very easy to sale them, all I mention is for them to buy enough to cover 6 to 9 months salary, just in case they have a heart attack etc.... and time after time they say yes.....

Rebel:

How about providing us with an update now that you are about six weeks in?

Thanks.

Western-Southern has the most detailed training program of any insurance company I ever interviewed with. It appears to be a great place to learn to sell.

Sorry that I haven't updated you guys in a bit, My wife had to have emergency surgery and then I got sick at the hospital...so its been a tough couple of weeks.

Here is the update.

I have done about 9000 in total commissions so far. and am drawing about 800 a week from my bank. not bad for really only 5 good weeks of work (because of medical emergencies) The benefits are fantastic, and they started on DAY ONE which was huge seeing how all of the medical problems hit in about my fourth week. My wife's bill alone will be upwards of 100,000 probably, and we were covered...THANK GOD.

There are some aspects of the company that I don't like, but nothing major. They REALLY like to micro manage and you have a ton of reports daily... You really have to keep at least 16 appointments scheduled weekly and they frown if you don't hit your cold calling numbers.

You really work an 8 to 5 schedule here, You have to report every morning about the activities of the previous day, and on friday you have to debrief and discuss the activities for the upcoming week. I come from owning and running my own company, so this is a little tough to swallow, but that is the only issues I have. NO BIG DEAL.

The good things are in management. My managers go on several appointments with me weekly, and they are there to help anytime. The commissions are fantastic to be a captive agent, and the bonuses are good as well.

All in all, I don't see me leaving here as long as they want to keep me. I've never been a "company man" but I do like my job, and the pay is good as well. I really do believe that the new contract that we started on Jan. 5th has made Western and Southern THE place to work, and I don't see 100,000 a year being all that hard after a year or two...

Thanks for your interest.

Sorry that I haven't updated you guys in a bit, My wife had to have emergency surgery and then I got sick at the hospital...so its been a tough couple of weeks.

Here is the update.

I have done about 9000 in total commissions so far. and am drawing about 800 a week from my bank. not bad for really only 5 good weeks of work (because of medical emergencies) The benefits are fantastic, and they started on DAY ONE which was huge seeing how all of the medical problems hit in about my fourth week. My wife's bill alone will be upwards of 100,000 probably, and we were covered...THANK GOD.

There are some aspects of the company that I don't like, but nothing major. They REALLY like to micro manage and you have a ton of reports daily... You really have to keep at least 16 appointments scheduled weekly and they frown if you don't hit your cold calling numbers.

You really work an 8 to 5 schedule here, You have to report every morning about the activities of the previous day, and on friday you have to debrief and discuss the activities for the upcoming week. I come from owning and running my own company, so this is a little tough to swallow, but that is the only issues I have. NO BIG DEAL.

The good things are in management. My managers go on several appointments with me weekly, and they are there to help anytime. The commissions are fantastic to be a captive agent, and the bonuses are good as well.

All in all, I don't see me leaving here as long as they want to keep me. I've never been a "company man" but I do like my job, and the pay is good as well. I really do believe that the new contract that we started on Jan. 5th has made Western and Southern THE place to work, and I don't see 100,000 a year being all that hard after a year or two...

Thanks for your interest.

I hope your wife is getting better, and I thank you sharing the update.

Back