GI High Face Value for an 85yr Old

ksurfer86

Expert
Hey can anyone suggest a high face amount GI product for a 84 year old. She was just denied coverage on some BS.

She was denied due to medical issues found in paramed, however, the client was nervous due to the results and had extensive tests done all coming back clear and showing no issues relating to the denial. Now I'm between my client and her family/lawyers and the company who did the paramed through my wholesaler. Just very confused? Going to send the clean bill of health over to my wholesaler but she was denied already and now unable to get insurance! What do I do?

She was denied due to medical issues found in paramed, however, the client was nervous due to the results and had extensive tests done all coming back clear and showing no issues relating to the denial. Now I'm between my client and her family/lawyers and the company who did the paramed through my wholesaler. Just very confused? Going to send the clean bill of health over to my wholesaler but she was denied already and now unable to get insurance! What do I do?

If she's got a clean bill of health there's no need to look at GI.

Not much info here. What health conditions does she have and what meds is she taking?

I don't want to violate hippa laws so I'm not sure what I can and can't say...the paramed said she had heart issues but all her prior doctors said she is okay and then after the denial from paramed she went to hospital and had tests done and nothing was wrong...is seems so fishy!!

----------

Thanks for responding to me!! You always seem to chime in for me and I appreciate it!!

I don't want to violate hippa laws so I'm not sure what I can and can't say...the paramed said she had heart issues but all her prior doctors said she is okay and then after the denial from paramed she went to hospital and had tests done and nothing was wrong...is seems so fishy!!

----------

Thanks for responding to me!! You always seem to chime in for me and I appreciate it!!

You wouldn't be violating any laws unless you gave her name. You came on here looking for help...we can't help without knowing conditions and meds.

The paramed said she came back N-terminal pro b-type natriuretic peptide - is a lab study (blood) which was very elevated (900) and is a biomarker for decreased cardiac function
eGFR (estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate) is a lab study (blood) which was very low and indicative of decreased renal function-kidney

My client was nervous about this since she was believed to be in ideal health for an 84 year old. She went through vigorous tests after hearing this denial and her tests all came back with no signs of any of this. She is getting the clean bill of health from her doctors who did the tests so I can refute the paramed?

Last edited:
The paramed said she came back N-terminal pro b-type natriuretic peptide - is a lab study (blood) which was very elevated (900) and is a biomarker for decreased cardiac function
eGFR (estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate) is a lab study (blood) which was very low and indicative of decreased renal function-kidney

My client was nervous about this since she was believed to be in ideal health for an 84 year old. She went through vigorous tests after hearing this denial and her tests all came back with no signs of any of this. She is getting the clean bill of health from her doctors who did the tests so I can refute the paramed?

That went right over my head. LOL. Get the Dr. report saying otherwise and start over. Maybe UWguy will see this and comment...he's an underwriter.

Back