Going Independent Questions

HelloMyNameIs

Hello all

I am 28 years old and have been in the insurance business for 5 years now. Just started with SF as my plan was and really still is to get a year or two experience in this office doing P&C along with Life then opening my own office. I have spent the last 4 1/2 years selling life and had worked my way into management my last 2 1/2 years with my first company. I had 6 agents working under me that I managed.

I am going to give it more time here at SF before I really consider trying something different. But during my time here so far, the P&C just doesn't really interest me.

Any advice about going independent in the life field? Where is a good place to look and research on how to get started and what to expect?

All comments welcome

In my 17 years I have learned that it is all about me - what my clients and prospects respect about my business and how I treat them.

The best advice I can give for going independent is to make sure you have your business setup to educate all kinds of prospects. I took the last 3 years to build a successful sales funnel that delivers educated, ready to buy clients.

My prospects only want to know about the companies I represent not how my business is set up or who my GA/IMO was.

Do you want to manage all aspects of underwriting and delivery?

Are you in a close community or a big metro area? Are you wanting to stay local or go national?

Find a good company or IMO that has a system to sell life. You can get the highest "contracts" in the world, but it doesn't mean a thing if you don't have a good system (and support) in order to be successful.

I agree with you, P&C sucks. :err:

Back