Going to Meet with a 68 and 69 Year Old on Feb 24, 2015. Help!

DavidHill76

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Tennessee
They both have life and health insurance with us. Their term has expired. They only have 9,001 in whole life each and a hospital indemnity rider.

I know they are not covered enough as far as whole life. What tips can you veterans give me that will help me out?

For background, this is my 3rd week out in the field running solo appointments

I don't know your product line... and I don't know their needs.

You haven't given us a whole lot of time either.

My best recommendation... is to just ask a bunch of questions, and be ready to discuss their current policies - what they cover and any cash values within their whole life policy.

Ask them if they feel comfortable with the amount of life insurance protection they currently have and, depending on your resources, be ready to quote for an additional $5k+ of coverage on both of them. Help them increase their protection in an affordable way... if that's what they want to do.

BTW, while this forum discusses a LOT about the advantages of whole life, not all whole life policies are built the same way. IMO, non-par whole life policies are very similar (if not the same) as FE-type policies. These are policies that have a level death benefit, level premiums, and build up a cash value, but it isn't a major selling point at all.

In short, treat this like an "FE" client and you may want to visit the FE forum and get some additional ideas there.

That's my best advice for less than 24 hours notice.

Thanks, I don't have a lot of information either. I wouldn't know what more to provide you all with, if I did, at this point.

I don't know your product line... and I don't know their needs.

You haven't given us a whole lot of time either.

My best recommendation... is to just ask a bunch of questions, and be ready to discuss their current policies - what they cover and any cash values within their whole life policy.

Ask them if they feel comfortable with the amount of life insurance protection they currently have and, depending on your resources, be ready to quote for an additional $5k+ of coverage on both of them. Help them increase their protection in an affordable way... if that's what they want to do.

BTW, while this forum discusses a LOT about the advantages of whole life, not all whole life policies are built the same way. IMO, non-par whole life policies are very similar (if not the same) as FE-type policies. These are policies that have a level death benefit, level premiums, and build up a cash value, but it isn't a major selling point at all.

In short, treat this like an "FE" client and you may want to visit the FE forum and get some additional ideas there.

That's my best advice for less than 24 hours notice.

His product line is American Income Life if you are familiar with thier products. I have seen what they have for younger clients but have no idea if they have a SIWL for older ones.

Going soon, They let me in because I have their free insurance through his union, he just also so happens to have a WL policy with us.

Can he still get more term or whats up with that? I dont want to walk out without a sale here

he has a Whole Life preferred rating. $529 annual premium for $9,001 coverage. 69 y/o
She has 8019 in Preferred whole life for $366.47 annual premium

would love to, we did this at Northwestern Mutual but AIL is needs based...

Whats a basic FactFinder I can do?

This thread is so tough to read your posts show you don't know issue ages of your policies or simple interview techniques. I know you did some joint work at NWFN any chance you could get your manager to run some appointments with you?

Back